Backtesting/Optimization - page 91

Hi,

I'm looking for history of more than 1 month, my broker only has 1 month back for testing. Where can i get the history's of big time frame, 1 or 2 years? Thanks

Alpari History centre,

alot of the History files can be then moved to other platforms (if they have exactly the same name)

although they still seem to be stuck / set to Alpari's time zone when on a different platform

some History goes back to the yr 2000, and there are a few big gaps here and there, but its much better than nothing

daniel1983:
Hi, I'm looking for history of more than 1 month, my broker only has 1 month back for testing. Where can i get the history's of big time frame, 1 or 2 years? Thanks

How many bars did you allow in the "max bars in history" option before you downloaded the data?

I have a new MT4 610 but I can't make backtesting with Renko chart. Somebody can solve it? I looking for some solutions but these solutions have become obsolete.... How can I make backtesting and which expert/indicator?

thanks!

nbtrading THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

TOLDMIK i have a similar problem...how can i do to make that my laptop assigns more memmory to MT4? Backtesting, MT4 is using 400 megabytes from the 4 GIGA, and backtest last 750Hours!!!! I can't have the laptop on for 22 day's waiting only for one result!!!

Daniel

Guys,

From all the news and posts from users and from personal experience, back-testing in new metatrader 4 is far, far from being anything usable. Since the official answers are that all is OK (and not just now - I asked that question there a few months ago and was completely ignored), all we can do is wait (I hope not a couple of years) till they make anything usable from this thing they call strategy tester

mladen:
Guys, From all the news and posts from users and from personal experience, back-testing in new metatrader 4 is far, far from being anything usable. Since the official answers are that all is OK (and not just now - I asked that question there a few months ago and was completely ignored), all we can do is wait (I hope not a couple of years) till they make anything usable from this thing they call strategy tester

I think maybe this is true, i am creating an Ea wich only works with pending orders, backtesting this Ea only shows results for not doing any order... and for all passes it shows best result = 0 !!...

and when i try some configs for some of this passes the Ea works and gives profit in results...

Is it my Ea a bad Ea or why is Ea not performing results in backtest optimization... why is giving this results = 0 for all passes.... i don't know yet.

is there any chance there to find experts in optimization?? any web link or somewhere i can pay for performing backtests? don't understand why i have this problem...

Hi,

I want to run an optimization with calculated 8640 runs.

But after the test there is written

1 088 / 1 280 (8 640) and on the Optimization Results Tab I see only 328 runs (even if "Skip Useless Results" isn't activated)

Could it be, that a limitiation from memory is the reason, that there are not all combinations tested?!

(I know, I have asked this before but I couldn't find the post)

sunshineh:
Hi,

I want to run an optimization with calculated 8640 runs.

But after the test there is written

1 088 / 1 280 (8 640) and on the Optimization Results Tab I see only 328 runs (even if "Skip Useless Results" isn't activated)

Could it be, that a limitiation from memory is the reason, that there are not all combinations tested?!

(I know, I have asked this before but I couldn't find the post)

It simply crashed. If you are using trailing stops or (or you are changing stop loss or take profit dynamically) it writes an enormous log file that crashes optimization

Thank you very much! I already thought that the problem is something like this.

But is there any workaround?

The only think this Laptop should do is this optimization.

Perhaps I can change the possible size of the log files or, ...

Another question: Is there a possibility to delete the log-files automatically?

Reason: