Download MetaTrader 5
To add comments, please log in or register
Format text in the messages editor. It is convenient!
Tradeing Trader
Tradeing Trader 2014.02.22 18:20 

Hello,

i had find out with the help of a Moderator that in the Strategy Tester the function OnChartEvent() does not work, i wanted to ask if somebody knows a trick or solution how i can get the chart event also in a Strategy backtest.

qjol
qjol 2014.02.22 18:46  
Tradeing Trader
Tradeing Trader 2014.02.22 19:00  
qjol:
what about asking service desk

i did think the forum is the place where such thinks must be ask.
whroeder1
whroeder1 2014.02.22 22:48  
How do you expect us USERS to help you when "OnChartEvent() does not work"? We can't fix OnChartEvent, only MQ can.
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2014.02.23 09:52  
PlanandTrade:

Hello,

i had find out with the help of a Moderator that in the Strategy Tester the function OnChartEvent() does not work, i wanted to ask if somebody knows a trick or solution how i can get the chart event also in a Strategy backtest.

OnChartEvent() is not yet implemented in the Strategy Tester. What are you trying to do with it ?
Tradeing Trader
Tradeing Trader 2014.02.23 13:15  
angevoyageur:
OnChartEvent() is not yet implemented in the Strategy Tester. What are you trying to do with it ?

I have try to use buttons for trading during a backtest, but without the OnChartEvent() i cannot let the EA open a trade when i click a button, or is there another way to do that?
Taskin Osman
Taskin Osman 2014.03.12 18:42  
same problem here, implementing OnChartEvent in Tester is really important. Without backtesting its very hard to develop
Fernando Carreiro
Fernando Carreiro 2016.04.03 15:40  

I know this is a an old thread, but I recently needed to debug some of my code that implements "buttons" to control certain aspects of an EA I was coding and had need for it to work in the Strategy Tester.

The solution I came up with was to check the button states on every incoming tick when the EA was in Visual Mode.

In other words, something like this:

void CheckResetButton()
{
   if( bool( ObjectGetInteger( 0, idResetButtonObject, OBJPROP_STATE ) ) )
   {
      Print( "Reset Button Clicked" );
      ObjectSetInteger( 0, idResetButtonObject, OBJPROP_STATE, false );
   }
}

void OnTick()
{
   // Only needed in Visual Testing Mode
   if( IsVisualMode() )
   {
      // Check Chart Buttons in Visual Mode
      CheckResetButton();
   }

return;
}
Nikolay
Nikolay 2016.05.21 23:00  

@FMIC, nice simple solution.

@PlanandTrade, depending on your use case the following solution may or may NOT be possible (for one use case of mine it worked):

• implement the reaction to the events in mqh file
  • for the Strategy Tester you implement an additional indicator that listens to the events and calls the reactions in the mqh file
  • for Real Time, you adjust your EA source code to use the mqh file event reactions or use the EA with the indicator
/
To add comments, please log in or register