Backtesting/Optimization - page 92

sunshineh:
Thank you very much! I already thought that the problem is something like this.

But is there any workaround?

The only think this Laptop should do is this optimization.

Perhaps I can change the possible size of the log files or, ...

Another question: Is there a possibility to delete the log-files automatically?

sunshineh

You can not change the size of the tester log file (it exclusively depends on tester, you can not do anything with it)

As of deleting log files automatically : that is tied to another metatrader 4 tester bug that I have just discovered - when you stop the test, metatarader does not release the handle to the log file and keeps it opened. It means that, until you restart the terminal, you can not delete the log file (there is only one tester log file for the whole day). One more present from metaquotes

mladen:
sunshineh

You can not change the size of the tester log file (it exclusively depends on tester, you can not do anything with it)

As of deleting log files automatically : that is tied to another metatrader 4 tester bug that I have just discovered - when you stop the test, metatarader does not release the handle to the log file and keeps it opened. It means that, until you restart the terminal, you can not delete the log file (there is only one tester log file for the whole day). One more present from metaquotes

All programs files that in use won't able to be deleted, except you stop the running program and then delete the files.

I think that using web trader will more easy because it doesn't need to be installed in our computer. Liteforex have launch the new Sirix web trading. Its execution more faster than ECN.

emi_mahmudah:
All programs files that in use won't able to be deleted, except you stop the running program and then delete the files. I think that using web trader will more easy because it doesn't need to be installed in our computer. Liteforex have launch the new Sirix web trading. Its execution more faster than ECN.

emi_mahmudah

Please read the post again

What I told is that "when you stop the test, metatarader does not release the handle to the log file and keeps it opened". There is no reason whatsoever that the tester that does not work any more keeps the log file still opened

PS: please do not use posts like these for spamming. It is corny and does not help anybody (except probably yourself)

I want to use my own backtest-data on my metatrader account.

Until now my backtest metatrader account mustn't connect to my broker, so that my backtest data files wheren't overwriten.

In the history folder there are different folders with hst-files.

So where is it possible to say to my metatrader which folder with hst-files it should be used?

sunshineh:
I want to use my own backtest-data on my metatrader account.

Until now my backtest metatrader account mustn't connect to my broker, so that my backtest data files wheren't overwriten.

In the history folder there are different folders with hst-files.

So where is it possible to say to my metatrader which folder with hst-files it should be used?

sunshineh

Check this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Thanks, but I can't understand why metaquotes doesn't realize where my old quotes are an only put the new on the end of the file...

sunshineh:
Thanks, but I can't understand why metaquotes doesn't realize where my old quotes are an only put the new on the end of the file...

Because they do not have tick data

Otherwise I guess they would do so

I was searching a working MTF MA for the tester, sadly this isn't working properly now.

Tried using a new compiler(build 670) modified variable name (char --> chara) and an old one (build 482). But the result was exactly the same- see the attached image, probably there is some issue of the build 600+ MQL4 language.

I was unable to find out how should it fixed.

Suggestions?

mladen:
There are some mtf indicators that won't work OK in visual back test but that is not the main problem of back testing mtf in metatrader.

Metatrader does not "simulate" other time frames in back test. i.e. : if you choose 15 minute as a basic time frame in a back test, and you place a 1 hour indicator on that chart, 1 hour data will be extracted from the real data (the data that is already closed long time ago) That way, it seems as if indicators know in advance what is going to happen, simply because the data they are using is the data that already happened

Anyway, here is one mtf moving average that works in back test as well as in real time OK. In back test, you will notice that the current value of a higher time frame is not changing regardless of current price changes (set the Interpolate parameter to false to get a clearer view of that). That is explained above

regards

Mladen

I forgot to post the screenshot:

and the indicator:

mtf_ma.mq4

Files:

bmoll:
I forgot to post the screenshot:

and the indicator:

mtf_ma.mq4

All you can do is hope that they will correct it.

It has that error in visual back testing since build 610 if I am not mistaken (build 646 for sure), metaquotes has been notified a long time ago and they still did not correct it. You can not do anything since some built in functions are working wrong in back testing (you would need to write your own functions instead of the faulty ones but then they will change something again and your functions will not work any more)

So, all we can do is wait that someone corrects all that is wrong in these new builds

Reason: