Backtesting/Optimization - page 55

The results shown are on open price only which is unreliable - it should be every tick.

Also you say you optimize every week how far back do you optimize to ?

Thanks for sharing

GeorgeL:
Found this EA in MQL4.COM

I have been optimizing the EA on a weekly basis and has given great results.

However I wanted to start optimizing with the new anti-hedge regulations.

I have attached the the EA and corresponding files. I will also throw in my most recent backtest w/ params.

what is the purpose for the files with the .SET and how to use it . like this file 5-16-2009 eu.set. thanks

This EA works on Open prices only.

Everytick is not neccesary.

I Optimize from 11/08-Present week.

5-16-2009 eu.set is params the EA uses.

In this case is the most recent Optimization and I will use for this upcoming week.

Hello GeorgeL,

Thanx to show us this great ea.

I have a problem, When I want to backtest it, i can't opened the setting table or let's go the test.

But I think I have install all the files, so I don't understand. Have you an idea about a mistake that i can did?

Also, why theire is a file "rentasignal.ex4" in the folder? is it an ea from the elite section?

Thank you, and sorry for my english

memory consumed

david.petard:
I've tried to optimize the parameters of my favorite expert advisor but i run into trouble.

If i try to make a back test or an optimization on a long period, the terminal crashes without any errors. It seems that the memory consumed by the terminal is increasing and never decrease.

Is there a workaround that allow to perform backtest and or optimisation on long period ?

Hey David,

Try doing optimize on 1 parameter at a time. Dont disgard settings that are 2nd or 3rd best. Recheck them when doing another parameter.

Use shorter periods or buy more memory - did u really need an excuss to upgrade.

Have you rechecked the ea with a compile since last editting, even if it is running.

Comment out the redundent code, like comments and drawing graphics on chart.

Check your antivirus isnt running - gets me often, especially at 3am.

cheers bt2

Not aware of any issues you guys have said.

I use IBFX as my broker. The Zip contains only the neccessary files.

All free none from elite section.

Just drop the experts folder where it goes and run it.

Don't worry about anything else.

Agree with dreamfab it does not work. I get the same erro, when I go to do the backtest it will not open the setting table, not sure why!!

Many thanks for your answer. Already have 4GB of memory. Will try with a really simple ea to see if this comes from the ea i use.

same here...not work

is it possible to post the link to the mql site?

Reason: