Experts: 10 pips a day opposite "yesterday's trend"

10 pips a day opposite "yesterday's trend":

Is it possible to take just 10 pips a day? This EA tries to do it.

Author: slacktrader

Hello navodar, thanks for your code.

Interesting expert advisor. I have made an Optimization Report with EU.

funyoo:
Hello navodar, thanks for your code.

Interesting expert advisor. I have made an Optimization Report with EU.

Hello,

Thanks for your comment,

Interesting optimalization you made. Of course I passed also these steps developing this EA, but at the end I decided to stay with 10 pips a day. If market changes, 10 pips is still easier than more. In your optimalization the best DD has 20 pips a day. Why did you used TP=90 in "The best presets"? DD is much more important than profit, I think. If you need higher profit, you can invest more money.

Correct, i wanted to maximize profit in a shorter duration.

With the default sets, I get a loss of 500$ and 14.25% of drawdown for 2008. I've tried to optimize the sets with 10 pips but I almost get bad results for the current year.

I use an IBFX Demo Account with 1K and loaded this EA on EUR/USD H1 with the default settings. I do not get a trade. I want to know what I must do to the code to get it to function? Is there a kind soul out there that might show the chunk of code that needs to be modified, so that I may forward-test this?

ES

ElectricSavant:

I use an IBFX Demo Account with 1K and loaded this EA on EUR/USD H1 with the default settings. I do not get a trade. I want to know what I must do to the code to get it to function? Is there a kind soul out there that might show the chunk of code that needs to be modified, so that I may forward-test this?

ES

Hard to say...

What about your Journal tab in terminal window? Any messages, errors? EA does only one trade a day at 7 a.m. CET if you are different timezone, please change your TRADINGHOUR variable to fit 7 a.m. CET.

funyoo:
Correct, i wanted to maximize profit in a shorter duration.

With the default sets, I get a loss of 500$ and 14.25% of drawdown for 2008. I've tried to optimize the sets with 10 pips but I almost get bad results for the current year.
somehow or other, 20/80 TP/SL is also very interesting combination. Thanks for your analyse and for this tip.

navodar:
ElectricSavant:

ES

Hard to say...

What about your Journal tab in terminal window? Any messages, errors? EA does only one trade a day at 7 a.m. CET if you are different timezone, please change your TRADINGHOUR variable to fit 7 a.m. CET.

Thanks navodar, There is nothing indicating errors in the tabs....and I would get a trade with the default of 7 even if it were the wrong time wouldn't I?....Any IBFX users here that can help? Also please clarify how many hours after rollover should this EA start trading?

ES

Is anybody that is using an IBFX mini account (all symbols have an m after them) using this EA? It is a very interesting EA to me and I would like to use it very much, but I do not get any trades?

ES

ElectricSavant:

Is anybody that is using an IBFX mini account (all symbols have an m after them) using this EA? It is a very interesting EA to me and I would like to use it very much, but I do not get any trades?

ES

Just another point...

I can see now you wrote: (all symbols have an m after them). This could be a problem for this EA while SYMBOL is defined in a program as EURUSD.

Try change variable

SYMBOL = "EURUSD";

to

SYMBOL = "EURUSDm";

or any other, depends what it looks like in your account.

Please have a look at this EA: 20 pips a day opposite "yesterday's trend"

It is optmised for better DD and even for higher profit

Reason: