Backtesting/Optimization - page 38

how can i backtest with IBFX MINIACOUNT

hello

can everyone help me , how can i backtest with IBFX miniaccount like standardacount (with metaquote history download) ??

why is it not possible to download metaquote history data`s with miniaccount??

i have downloded the history data from standardaccount and copied it to a miniaccount and renamed it with "m" but i have to much "mismatched charts errors" ......so i think it`s a wrong procedur.....

who can help me with correct procedur ??

ps: yes, yes ...i know , only forwarding testing is real but backtesting is the first step to assess the quality of a EA.

thanks a lot for help

regards

guenther

forex2006:
hello

can everyone help me , how can i backtest with IBFX miniaccount like standardacount (with metaquote history download) ??

why is it not possible to download metaquote history data`s with miniaccount??

i have downloded the history data from standardaccount and copied it to a miniaccount and renamed it with "m" but i have to much "mismatched charts errors" ......so i think it`s a wrong procedur.....

who can help me with correct procedur ??

ps: yes, yes ...i know , only forwarding testing is real but backtesting is the first step to assess the quality of a EA.

thanks a lot for help

regards

guenther

Please, to help you because I don't have or use IBFX I need you to post some file like m1 EURUSD. Zip it and upload.

I started this new thread:

--------------------

I discovered that I got different results when backtesting on 2 different computers so I started to recreate and sync the history files for both computers. That did not help, it seems that the strategy tester uses (and reuses) a special file with the suffix .FXT. The help files mention "Recalculate" as an option but I cannot find where this setting is specified.

No button, No dropdown field, Nothing.

The help files also mentions some kind of ini-file where this and other settings can be changed. Cant find that one either. Found many ini-typ files but none with a content similar to what is shown below.

The help files says under "Settings of the Strategy Tester Launch"

Example:

; start strategy tester

TestExpert=Moving Average

TestExpertParameters=ma0.set

TestSymbol=EURUSD

TestPeriod=H1

TestModel=2

TestRecalculate=false

TestOptimization=false

TestDateEnable=true

TestFromDate=1970.01.01

TestToDate=2006.06.06

TestReport=MovingAverageReport

TestReplaceReport=false

TestShutdownTerminal=true

How do I force "Recalculate" ?

-------------------

It is a simple and straightforward question on how to control "Recalculation". It got moved in to this very long and very general discussion and is now buried on page 37 of 38. When clicking on the original link where it says "Moved" I do not end up on the actual entry, just get redirected to this thread. I got one answer and it did not really pertain to my question, rather it was a general comment on strategy testing.

I do not think very many people who reads my initial posting will take the time to search this 38 page thread.

This habit of moving postings is very annoying especially when the forwarding link does not point to the actual original posting. Very annoying

My two bits

Forward Testing Setup

I am new to this "more art than science" forex venture and see many exciting EA's under discussion. I'm not much of a believer in backtesting, but would like to forward test several EA's (maybe Alpha 9, GoldWarrior 02.b, StepMAExpert,and some of CodesGuru's EMA's).

My current Metatrader brokers do not allow you to run multiple accounts with EA's on them using live data. Many people discuss forward testing on this forum. How is this accomplished? Can you use live data with only one broker and run several concurrent Metatrader sessions with different promising EA's, or do you have to set up individual accounts with brokers and forward test using real money micro accounts?

I apologize if this has been discussed in a thread but I've searched at length and cannot find the information.

Thanks, friends.

for example I'm on Alpari and I can run as many accounts I want, each set to other MetaTrader instance.

Be advides forward testing can (and it will differ) from live trading.

is the MT4 history and backtester reliable ?

Hi Guys,

I used to always get my data from Alpari for backtesting (90%, each tick) but have seen that the new MT4 terminals have a facility to download data automatically, can anyone tell me more about this ? Which is the more accurate data source ? Is the MT4 terminal backtester reliable ? Are there any reliable alternatives where mq4 experts can be tester ? Has anyone tried with data other than MT4 Alpari etc.. eg: eSignal.

I think this post is very important to consider in this forum because if the backtester is not reliable we have to think of other ways of testing.

You mean this one?

It is not broker's data as I understand. It is some averaging from Metaquotes.

Files:

Yes, that's data provided by Metaquotes.

I had hard times with data from Alpari, is give a lot of errors, modeling quality ~78%, missing 2 weeks from data for eurgpb... so i try to use default data from Metquotes...

Downloading Historical Data for Backtesting

When I open a new demo account, I seem to have very little historical data for backtesting...maybe 1 month. If I slide the chart to the right towards earlier dates, it seems to slowly fill in the data for those dates, a very time consuming process, especially on 1M or 5M TFs.

So, in order to backtest starting, say, over 1 year back using all lower TF data, what's the best way to download that data to get the highest quality backtest? I haven't found a menu item to download historical data.

Look again - Tools\History Center...

Reason: