Backtesting/Optimization - page 45

:: the spread is already set by the broker in your MT platform.
hanss:
You are funny I just wanted to get answer, whether the backtester includes the price for an opening a position and all this stuff or should I include it myself. Many brookers have different prices (2 or 3 pips etc), so my concern was whether I should it include into the file by hand or whether every broker sets these parameter implicitely into the MT... Thanks in advance

hanss:
You are funny I just wanted to get answer, whether the backtester includes the price for an opening a position and all this stuff or should I include it myself. Many brookers have different prices (2 or 3 pips etc), so my concern was whether I should it include into the file by hand or whether every broker sets these parameter implicitely into the MT... Thanks in advance

Yes, it's already includes the spreads, as long the code is correct (for open trade : BUY using Ask and SELL using Bid, and closing the trade use oppsite - if not base TP and SL)

Also include the Swap (overnight) fee, calculated on the profit.

If that what you asked

Goen:
Yes, it's already includes the spreads, as long the code is correct (for open trade : BUY using Ask and SELL using Bid, and closing the trade use oppsite - if not base TP and SL)

Also include the Swap (overnight) fee, calculated on the profit.

If that what you asked

Yes, that's the answer I was asking for! Thank you very much

Files:

hanss:
Yes, that's the answer I was asking for! Thank you very much

You're welcome hanss, glad you got your answer already

thanks GOEN,

will do.....

EA Backtesting Quality

I tried searching the forums for a while and realised that most of the threads are outdated.

I have a simple question. How long should an EA be backtested (with the standard MT4 History Center M1 data, with modeling quality of 90%) ?

My ea screws up (BIG Time) in 2004, but does well from 2005 till now. I'm like WHAT?!?!?!?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers.

P.S: I am definitely going to forward test the ea for like a month or so before putting it on a live account.

I got error...

I tried backtesting an EA, but I saw a message in the Strategy Tester Report like this:

Mismatched charts errors 3544

and I checked the Journal Tab in my meta, there is several messages like this:

2008.09.13 08:20:05 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (low value 1.7570 at 2008.09.05 12:00 is not reached from the least timeframe, low price 1.7572 mismatches)

what should I do to fix it??

can some one here show me the way with step-by-step instruction please...

thanks

tcl:
I tried backtesting an EA, but I saw a message in the Strategy Tester Report like this:

Mismatched charts errors 3544

and I checked the Journal Tab in my meta, there is several messages like this:

2008.09.13 08:20:05 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (low value 1.7570 at 2008.09.05 12:00 is not reached from the least timeframe, low price 1.7572 mismatches)

what should I do to fix it??

can some one here show me the way with step-by-step instruction please...

thanks

The problem isn't the EA but the MT4 datas.

FerruFx

FerruFx:
The problem isn't the EA but the MT4 datas. FerruFx

Ok, how I can fix it??

I already downloaded the history data from meta menu TOOLS - HISTORY CENTER (F2)

but, I still got error

can you help me with step-by-step instruction so I can get valid history datas

thanks

Reason: