Backtesting/Optimization - page 43

hopokuk:
The optimization status is 172/10496 (1030301)

genetic algorithm is ON

It has been 30 hours 32 minutes so far (after this it says 1822.45.07)

How much longer is this likely to take?

I haven't used genetic algorithm before, I thought it was meant to speed up as it progresses?

Here's the solution to your problem: Cray Inc., The Supercomputer Company

Strategy Tester Limit On Testing Hedge EA https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177433/page23

Using the MT4 Strategy Tester on an EA

Hi all,

I am trying to use the Strategy Tester to test an EA Autotrader on a AUD/JPY 60 minute chart. I am back testing just six months of data but am finding it is taking up to 6 hours to get the results and for the test to complete. Am I doing something wrong here? I am testing for every tick because they say that is more accurate, but is there a faster way? Thanks!!!

:: Did you switch off Optimization? Otherwise you will redo your tests in different "step" phases... and that can take long... but even then 6 hours is also too long...

:: Perhaps delete your historical data, and refresh everything by downloading it again in the "Historical Center" (in your terminal)

:: Or you have a coffee machine that runs better then your PC
tradervic:
Hi all, I am trying to use the Strategy Tester to test an EA Autotrader on a AUD/JPY 60 minute chart. I am back testing just six months of data but am finding it is taking up to 6 hours to get the results and for the test to complete. Am I doing something wrong here? I am testing for every tick because they say that is more accurate, but is there a faster way? Thanks!!!

uncheck all the optimization boxes?

Thanks for your reply, do you mean uncheck all the optimization boxes under the Expert Properties button in addition to the Optimization box next to the Open Chart button?

:: well what the picture says... uncheck Optimization, it can be this or something else...
tradervic:
Thanks for your reply, do you mean uncheck all the optimization boxes under the Expert Properties button in addition to the Optimization box next to the Open Chart button?
Files:
untitled_2.jpg  19 kb

Modelling Quality 90%

It is necessary to do that is written in instruction.If at testing for you design quality less than, than 90 percents, results will be bad.

Files:

Keep in mind that Metaquotes works for brokers not for you.

FerruFx

Reason: