Backtesting/Optimization - page 31

Just to re-mind as many people asked:

Data for backtesting which I posted few weeks ago are here (M1 data for many years).

What Currency pairs are included

newdigital:
Just to re-mind as many people asked: Data for backtesting which I posted few weeks ago are here (M1 data for many years).

Hi newdigital,

What Currency pairs / crosses are included in your files?

Thanks,

SaxMan

Hey bass fisher. If you have some specific rules I can code an Expert Advisor that you can backtest in the strategy tester. But you have to have a rule for opening the trade and then you can have set take profits to test. Send me a private message if you want to make sure I get to it, or you can post on this forum and hopefully I will see it and program what you are looking for.

need some info on strategy testing

Is there anyway to facilitate a buy or a sale trade on the MT4 strategy tester so I can test a manage take profit system???

trail

Basically I want to test some trail stops I have downloaded to find one that actually works so come Monday I will be ready to go… but I cant test it unless there are buys or sales happening.

I have currently 8 different trail stops that I have downloaded but none of them seem to accomplish what I’m needing… currently i am using Manage Take Profit - Page 9 post #122 it's easy to set and it has everything im needing but the trail does not work at all

For instance I was up 80 pips the other night and went to sleep and when I woke up I expected to see at least a profit but the EA just broke even

SaxMan:
Hi newdigital,

What Currency pairs / crosses are included in your files?

Thanks,

SaxMan

4 majors +crosses.

Don't remember which one sorry.

89.97% modelling quality

when im backtesting my ea on gbp/usd im only getting 89.97% modelling quality ive converted all the data from alpari from 1 min data any idea how i can get it to 90%

thanks

Hi,

I think 89.97% is the same 90%.. the diferense is not mater..

It can fall up to 4-5% but if it falls any further - there are problems with data.

Alpari has good data if you intend to trade with Alpari, otherwise it would be hard to predict.

If you want exactly 90%, you'll have to use script to cover holes in the M1 chart. You will find it on MQL4: automated forex trading, strategy tester and custom indicators with MetaTrader

Backtest

In backtest, which is the difference between option "tick by tick" or "check points" ? The results seem very different. Which of the options is near reality ?

Reason: