Contest - page 3

goldensight:
I understand magic numbers but I don't know where you would put the "m" at, are you saying to put the m inside "inputs" when this EA has properties open? The magic number is 1012, are you saying it should be 1012m? I've never seen this mentioned to add an m on the other EA's so that's why it is confusing me a bit. Thanks for any assistance.

As I understand he said that if you find EURUSD or USDCHF or any in the code you should use EURUSDm or USDCHFm instead of simple EURUSD or USDCHF (inside the code).

You should do it if you are trading mini lots with IBFX (0.01 for example or they do not have 0.01 and have just 0.1 which is equal 0.01 - I do not remember exactly).

IBFX broker only.

We had this problem with TSD EAs because al the pairs were mentioned inside the code and this EA is attaching to the one chart and trading many pairs which are mentioned inside.

I am not sure that it is usefull for GridMACD. Because it is attaching one by one.

Thank you for clearing that up for me Newdigital.

Hi newdigital,

What is the settings for the results you have on this Ea (gridmacd).

Thanks

Fast_cris

Fast_cris:
Hi newdigital,

What is the settings for the results you have on this Ea (gridmacd).

Thanks

Fast_cris

Hi cris, pengie the author said he is using default setting for GridMACD EA. Hope this help

He asked to change timeframe now for H1.

Contest

Where and how one is registered for the next contest ?

Thanks

maje:
Where and how one is registered for the next contest ? Thanks

Go here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum and open new thread with EA, pre-set, testing results and all the explanation. EA should work together with other EAs in one MetaTrader (EA may work alone but it should be able to work together with other EAs).

Open Trades

Hi Newdigital,

what about open trades at end of testing period?

Let's assume we have such an EA with many closed trades with +pips.

And there are some still open trades with -pips.

Are these open orders calculated against closed trades and pips?

If not, it would be misleading.

lomme:
Hi Newdigital,

what about open trades at end of testing period?

Let's assume we have such an EA with many closed trades with +pips.

And there are some still open trades with -pips.

Are these open orders calculated against closed trades and pips?

If not, it would be misleading.

We will try to do it. I will not close any trades manually but opened trades will be counted (separatedly). Because if we have "normal" EA so we do not need it: EA may trade using one order with no any hedging etc. But we will have difficult EAs for May so I will have to do it. It will be counted separatedly.

The problem is that we do not have many EAs for the contest. We should have many EAs proposed for the contest and we should sieve/bar from contest some of the EAs before the monthly contest started: some of them only should be allowed for the contest. If we do that we will have for the contest just one EA from Igorad.

We do not have many EAs for the selection/choice now.

Authors should propose EAs during the first week of the month and we should do some selection. It should be. If we have 15 or 20 EAs proposed for the contest we will have to improve our contest rules and start selection process (backtesting, forward testing and so on).

Anyway the contest was started.

Opened trades will be counted.

Please note: EAs for the May should be proposed not later than tomorrow. The day after tomorrow is deadline.

Thanks.

All what I wanted to say is, that it is easy to have an EA, that leaves all bad trades open while closing only all positive trades.

Reason: