EA on remote servers ? - page 10

It also helped me too

WNW: Very good info. It also helped me too.

Running Multiple MQ4 platforms

hello all....

after reading some of the posts i wanted to drop a suggestion... i have an ea that i mostly trade with and as u know u can only run one account with mq4 unless u have a multi-trading platform but it doesnt run ea's.

the way i did was i bought a seperate computer, installed windows server 2003 and i run multiple mq4 windows (multiple live accounts) from that computer. i mean the cost is not that huge. now days u can get a good copmuter for like 600 bucks and just upgrade it a little and u'll have your own server that u have total control and access to. plus paying $40-$50/month in a year comes to pretty much the same price as a new computer, but the benifits are a lot bigger.

i run more then 20 different live account using this setup plus any demo account that i use for forward testing...

i've used some of the vps servers and honestly i couldnt count on them. there are days when the server could be down and i will have to deal with that headache.

anyway i hope this will help some of u. i did it this way only because i run an ea on live accounts and with windows server 2003 u can run multiple live accounts with an ea.

hope this helps, good luck...

Well and good, but you have not addressed the problems which lead people to use a VPS in the first place.

The main reasons people opt for a VPS are power outages and web connectivity. Unless you have provisions for an alternate power source, meaning first a UPS and then a generator, provisions for an alternate IP, all of which can be launched and switched automatically, you're stilll as vulnerable as you were.

Is there any sites to check EAs Online ?

Is there any sites to check EAs Online ?

i could not being connected continuously

thanks alot

omegasupreme

did anybody ran into omegasupreme.com service? in first glance it appears avery good service- it's an only ea's vps service, no rebooting nor one problem occured up until now. it's literaly a dedicated vps forex trading service.

up until now i didnt have any problem with it's service, did anybody had another experiance?

guy_ml:
did anybody ran into omegasupreme.com service? in first glance it appears avery good service- it's an only ea's vps service, no rebooting nor one problem occured up until now. it's literaly a dedicated vps forex trading service. up until now i didnt have any problem with it's service, did anybody had another experiance?

omegasupreme.com sells it's "Pro Service" at $60.00(CAD) per month that runs a max of 3 MT4 instances. i don't doubt their service, but i think for techies who do not mind getting their hands dirty, $60 CAD can do a lot more than 3 MT4 instances.

thanks for the link

ckowyong:
omegasupreme.com sells it's "Pro Service" at $60.00(CAD) per month that runs a max of 3 MT4 instances. i don't doubt their service, but i think for techies who do not mind getting their hands dirty, $60 CAD can do a lot more than 3 MT4 instances. thanks for the link

hey there. i used your manual guide to deal with vpsland.com. i don't know the cause, but it kept on making problems, each time the support telling me i've corrupted some files and that my password needs to be reset.most probably it's something i did wrong, but ignorant as i am, i prefer a peace of mind on the tech part of things.

thanks for replying and good luck!!

Hi Guy,

I'm glad your having a good experience with the OmegaSupreme.com hosting service.

The reason why we charge what we charge is that we do not have any limitations on Hard Disk Space / CPU usage or RAM usage. Metatrader using certain EA's can be VERY Ram intensive. VPSLAND puts limits on RAM so even if you could install 3 or 4 Metatrader instances on your 19/month plan you wouldnt be able to run them at all because you would go over the 256MB Ram limit fairly quickly.

I have one client right now that is currently using 380MB of RAM only on 1 MT4 installation..

This is why our plan works by MT4 Installation, and not limiting by RAM/HD Space or CPU usage.

Anyways thank you for your kind words.

-DGV

drgoodvibe:
Hi Guy,

I'm glad your having a good experience with the OmegaSupreme.com hosting service.

The reason why we charge what we charge is that we do not have any limitations on Hard Disk Space / CPU usage or RAM usage. Metatrader using certain EA's can be VERY Ram intensive. VPSLAND puts limits on RAM so even if you could install 3 or 4 Metatrader instances on your 19/month plan you wouldnt be able to run them at all because you would go over the 256MB Ram limit fairly quickly.

I have one client right now that is currently using 380MB of RAM only on 1 MT4 installation..

This is why our plan works by MT4 Installation, and not limiting by RAM/HD Space or CPU usage.

Anyways thank you for your kind words.

-DGV

my pleasure!!

Reason: