Running EA's on Multiple Terminals with the same account

Hello.  I have been searching for a discussion that answers this specifically.  I am running EAs on multiple terminals with the same account on a windows vps i purchased, however it seems the trades are only executing when I am active on the VPS. Is there a problem with this? I don't know if it is because I am algo trading from 2 terminals or whatever else it could be. Thanks in advance for your help

Why are you running multiple terminals for the same trade account when you can run multiple EAs from the same terminal on that account?

On a normal computer or on a 3rd party VPS, you can run up to 100 charts (each with an EA on them), on a single terminal.

Also, are your EAs "well behaved"?

Do they properly use magic numbers to not interfere with each other's trades?

Fernando Carreiro #:

Why are you running multiple terminals for the same trade account when you can run multiple EAs from the same terminal on that account?

On a normal computer or on a 3rd party VPS, you can run up to 100 charts (each with an EA on them), on a single terminal.

Also, are your EAs "well behaved"?

Do they properly use magic numbers to not interfere with each other's trades?

I am running 2 separate terminals because it makes it easier to differentiate between the charts and not have too many tabs. I just realized I had unchecked the “control session by IP address” box. I rechecked it and am hoping this will resolve the dilemma. 

Ondrew Frenchgerald Iii Bellinger #:
I am running 2 separate terminals because it makes it easier to differentiate between the charts and not have too many tabs. I just realized I had unchecked the “control session by IP address” box. I rechecked it and am hoping this will resolve the dilemma. 
Also the EAs are well behaved

Ondrew Frenchgerald Iii Bellinger #: I am running 2 separate terminals because it makes it easier to differentiate between the charts and not have too many tabs.

I fail to see the advantage! Having two tabs or two application windows, I believe tabs is "cleaner". You can even detach them if you wish.

Plus, having two applications means that you consume double the resources, including having to maintain two network connections, with double the network load and higher latency, instead of just one.

That is not efficient at all.

Ondrew Frenchgerald Iii Bellinger #: I just realized I had unchecked the “control session by IP address” box. I rechecked it and am hoping this will resolve the dilemma. 

What does that have to do with the trading account?

That is only for the access to the MQL5 website. It has nothing to do with the trading.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I fail to see the advantage! Having two tabs or two application windows, I believe tabs is "cleaner". You can even detach them if you wish.

Plus, having two applications means that you consume double the resources, including having to maintain two network connections, with double the network load and higher latency, instead of just one.

That is not efficient at all.

What does that have to do with the trading account?

That is only for the access to the MQL5 website. It has nothing to do with the trading.

I see your perspective how ever it is about 20 tabs per ea and it just helps. But I may have to go with your suggestion pending the performance. 

Ondrew Frenchgerald Iii Bellinger:
Hello.  I have been searching for a discussion that answers this specifically.  I am running EAs on multiple terminals with the same account on a windows vps i purchased, however it seems the trades are only executing when I am active on the VPS. Is there a problem with this? I don't know if it is because I am algo trading from 2 terminals or whatever else it could be. Thanks in advance for your help

How are you connecting/disconnecting to your VPS ?

If you close the session MT5 will be closed too and your EAs will not work.

Alain Verleyen #:

How are you connecting/disconnecting to your VPS ?

If you close the session MT5 will be closed too and your EAs will not work.

I am using Remote Desktop client so it is continually running. 

Ondrew Frenchgerald Iii Bellinger #: I am using Remote Desktop client so it is continually running. 

The question Alain is asking, is if when you remotely disconnect from the VPS, you do so without closing the session.

If you close the session, then MetaTrader will be shutdown.

You should disconnect from the VPS without ending the session. That is probably what you are doing wrong ...

" however it seems the trades are only executing when I am active on the VPS. "

Fernando Carreiro #:

The question Alain is asking, is if when you remotely disconnect from the VPS, you do so without closing the session.

If you close the session, then MetaTrader will be shutdown.

You should disconnect from the VPS without ending the session. That is probably what you are doing wrong ...

" however it seems the trades are only executing when I am active on the VPS. "

Correct I do not close the session. 

Ondrew Frenchgerald Iii Bellinger #:
Correct I do not close the session. 
Ok. Please explain why you are thinking that " it seems the trades are only executing when I am active on the VPS " ?
Reason: