How to protect itself from the broker?

Hello Traders,

We know that the broker what works on our platforms and it can act directly above by closing the positions in the event of call for additional cover for example .

If it has this type of possibilities, can it see which indicators or which EA we use?

How to make to prevent that the broker sees that? does there exist a means of making work a ea without the broker knowing it?

I am not paranoniac but it is a significant question for me .

Thx

BrunoFX:
Hello Traders,

We know that the broker what works on our platforms and it can act directly above by closing the positions in the event of call for additional cover for example .

If it has this type of possibilities, can it see which indicators or which EA we use?

How to make to prevent that the broker sees that? does there exist a means of making work a ea without the broker knowing it?

Thx

I like this thread. please anyone that know about this please help brunofx and us. thanks.

Excelent threads.

Hi!

Brokers shouldn't be able to know which EA we use or we need to trash mt4 like a spyware must be. What happen on my computer is strictly private.

Also, to not show our game, we need to work with only high TP and SL (just for computer crash) and don't use Stop or Limit orders, letting the EA manage everything. It's more code but you are hidden, like in poker.

Also, I noticed that MT4 editor tries to connect over the internet.... really strange. It shouln't need anything more than our code to work.

When I have time I put ethereal to look at what is sent to the broker.

jojo

I know at Interbankfx they claim that since the ea is run on your local pc they have no access to the code. I trust them for the most part, however if your account becomes interesting to a company in any way, I'm not sure what the results would be. You need to trust the company you chose with your money, if you think they are capable of running stops and closing trades outside of your trade's parameters then running EA's with them is probably not a good idea.

If you trust the company you deal with, and they have a good track record, I wouldn't worry to much about it. I don't have enough experience to recommend or discourage the use of any broker.

If you can't seem to trust in any metatrader companies there are other options, such as Oanda, who offer a service from their servers...they literally just feed you the raw trading data, and you code everything fromt he ground up. You can choose from several different languages C++, java etc...however the fee for something like this is $600 US/month, even while you are writing your code and starting out. Definitly not for a novice. I haven't looked at Oanda's services in a few months so things might have changed since then.

Anyhow sorry it's not a direct answer, just some information and an opinion

BrunoFX:
Hello Traders,

Thx

You are not paranoniac. I am sure.

And thanks for this thread.

I think there are some code pieces what can protect us.

I am talking about EAs.

As to manual trades so you are free from anything.

The best way to protect yourself from the broker is to trade manually.

BrunoFX:
Hello Traders,

Thx

There are some ideas:

1- Rename the Expert Advisor to the name you want.

2- Use the indicators in another MetaTrader instance.

3- Use the Expert Advisor in another MetaTrader instance and in the Live account do it manually.

I don't think it's a big problem for me as i making losses as usual!

Here's some food for thought. At the least we know this...the broker CAN see the order comments and magic numbers that you are using. A couple of weeks ago, when ibfx was chaging over thier demo server, I was able to see someone else's demo statement. Scary, huh? At the least, we should change up the comments and magic's, eh?

I think this is a very valid concern, however I think a more unorthodox mindset is applicable at least for myself. The mindset that I have is to NOT worry about it. The first step is to become consistently profitable with an EA. When or IF it becomes a problem then tackle it. I don't know how many times in my life (I'm 43 years young) I have worried about something, occasionally obsessively, only to see it never come to pass. Obviously this issue is like trading ie. each person needs to deal with it in their own unique style. This thread is about this issue being a technical one which is true but it is also psychological. If you don't believe that it is in part psychological then find someone who is consistently successful at trading and ask them if they have this problem and fret over it.

Hello Trader,

thank you with all for these first answers.

I have confidence with the brokers which use Metatrader but knowing the programming and safety Internet, I am always on my guards relating to the intrusions in my computer .

Even if I am persuaded of the application of the deontology concerning the work of the brokers, I can prevent myself from believing only if one account work very very well the broker would not be interested to have this ea for its account or quite simply to change variables to distort the reality results of the ea.

the ideas given are interesting but I heard speak that it exiterait a means of making work the ea on another interface and pass by "API" which would allow the junction of the work of the ea on another MT4 without the ea being in the files of the MT4 .

I hope that the translation will be rather good so that everyone includes/understands the direction of my remarks.

I know that some people do not use stop loss.

Never.

And some other people are using EA which is not placing stop loss and profit level on the chart.

Of course they are closing the orders accourding to the sl and tp and everything is modified. But these levels are not visible in the charts for the brokers for example.

I know that some new EAs are developing some russians now (Tartan) and those EAs are not placing anything (but everything is placing and modifying).

But it is exceptional cases.

Hello Trader,

Thank you Newdigital, I use a ea which has a SL but it is not effective because it is just there for a maximum protection. I do not use a TP, not a TS nor of SL (except as I said to avoid a total loss).

Now, with the google translation, I do not have can be included/understood your answer correctly

Reason: