How to protect itself from the broker? - page 4

sbwent:
I was wondeing if we can hide EA's from Brokers?

How do they monitor EA's?

Is it as simple as leaving the comment section of a trade blank or do they look at the EA name that is placing the trade?

Does anyone know how this works?

Brokers aren't concerned about EA's. They are concerned about their bottom line, just like any business. I seriously doubt that they would be able to detect the difference between an order placed by an EA or manually, let alone be concerned about it. The other issue is that hiding your targets does not necessarily give you an advantage, since THEY are the ones who execute the trade. If they can hit your stop that was entered an hour ago, they can also do the same for one just entered, since they are the ones who give you the quoted bid/ask from which you trade.

Some scripts post by radatats about Stealth Pending Orders

This post

How to change

Hi,

To make hidden profit/Stops ..

1) Send orders with 0 profit/stop

2) Track the profit/loss internally in EA (or manually) and send Close Order when they reach target.

Let me know if u need help to modify in code by PM.

regards,

blue

EA detectable by broker?

Is is possilbe for a broker to detect if I am using an expert advisor?

Thanks in advance :-)

jan100:
Is is possilbe for a broker to detect if I am using an expert advisor? Thanks in advance :-)

Of course. And if broker does not allow experts you will have a message saying: trading by experts is not allowed.

StopHunting Q?

Hi,

I have been trading for some years now but since starting to code my own EA's that I want to run 24/7 have become more concerned about StopHunting. Being a manual trader you get a feel watching a trade unfold and at times move stops to suit. But having an EA run while I sleep I wanted to take the fear of being hunted out of the equation.

Being new to EA's and MT4 was wondering if it was plausable to set StopLosses and TakeProfits to say 10 pips higher than you would normally have them as a fail safe that your broker will see and then add code in your Sell/Buy Logics to be 10 or so pips less than the Stop and Profit levels where you would normaly have them as your actual exits.

Or does the broker have the ability to see your Buy/Sell Logics anyway?

Or am I on drugs?

Or is there a true and tested way to code what I want?

Thanks

Dono:
Hi,

I have been trading for some years now but since starting to code my own EA's that I want to run 24/7 have become more concerned about StopHunting. Being a manual trader you get a feel watching a trade unfold and at times move stops to suit. But having an EA run while I sleep I wanted to take the fear of being hunted out of the equation.

Being new to EA's and MT4 was wondering if it was plausable to set StopLosses and TakeProfits to say 10 pips higher than you would normally have them as a fail safe that your broker will see and then add code in your Sell/Buy Logics to be 10 or so pips less than the Stop and Profit levels where you would normaly have them as your actual exits.

Or does the broker have the ability to see your Buy/Sell Logics anyway?

Or am I on drugs?

Or is there a true and tested way to code what I want?

Thanks

Yes you can do that or even put no "hard" TP and SL and manage everything inside the EA.

The broker won't see the logic of the EA running on the client machine (your machine)

But the drawback is that if you lose the connection to the server then it is your "hard" TP and SL that are used.

But do you really think that your broker will automatically run for your SL? That is in my opinion not likely.

If you put the hard SL 10 pips further and your broker go for it, anyway your soft SL that is 10 pips before will be hit. Not sure it changes something. And no SL at all have the "disconnection" risk.

But do you really think that your broker will automatically run for your SL? That is in my opinion not likely.QUOTE]

Thanks jlpi,

You have answered my coding Q?

It's just that I had a friend that worked for an MM Broker and he said that they run an EA type robot that scalps its own clients stops. It would be more complicated as to how I will explain it but he said as the market moves the robot looks for Stops that are lets say 1-2 pips away. They don't have the money to move the market but they widen the spread or price for a second and you are hit and out. The market might have taken me out anyway but how many times have you come back after leaving a stop in place to be hit by only a pip or two?.

Me puting a fake stop 10 pips further away might be too far. I might only need say a maximum 5 pips as a safe guard for if my EA was off line and my exit logic wasn't working.

I probly should just except that stops will be hit by the market or by my Broker....its the unfortunate nature of the beast.

The broker won't see the logic of the EA running on the client machine (your machine)QUOTE]

Can your borker see it if you host your EA's on their server?

Sorry people for the double up on similar questions, Admin has moved my original post to here. Seems all my questions have been answered.

With Thanks,

Dono.

Hidden SL, TP, move to BE

Attached is an EA that can manage trades, but it will keep the SL and TP hidden from brokers.

It will also move the (hidden) SL to breakeven at a pre-defined price point.

It's pretty good for basic trade management. Just make sure you enter the TP and SL in correctly - if you enter them around the wrong way, it will close your trade as soon as it's opened.

Also it will manage all trades on a given pair - so if you're running other EAs on the same pair it will close them as well at your defined SL and TP points.

Best way to use it is in conjunction with "hard" stops that are further away than your programmed ones - that way if the connection drops out, you'll still have some protection against wild market moves.

Feel free to modify and improve. I've tested it briefly on a demo account and it seems to work. You should probably do the same before using it with real money...

Cheers,

Silas.

Files:
Reason: