Super Signals Indicator - page 20

can it add higher TF stochastic crossover alert?

if so, would be way better

like 1m chart super signal will only alert with 5m stochastic crossover alert. could that be possible?

mrtools:
Added stoch, this version using super signal _v3 and stoch. Regards

sorry mrtools after read the source code there is no stoch crossover in the super signal v3 so "increase" after you download off course the super signal does not work.

mtuppers:
can it add higher TF stochastic crossover alert?

if so, would be way better

like 1m chart super signal will only alert with 5m stochastic crossover alert. could that be possible?

sorry mrtools after read the source code there is no stoch crossover in the super signal v3 so "increase" after you download off course the super signal does not work.

The source code indicator wise, of the Ea is this

SS_WSELL_0 = iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),"Super Signal_v3",dist2,dist1,0,2);

SS_WBUY_0 = iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),"Super Signal_v3",dist2,dist1,1,2);

SS_SSELL_0 = iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),"Super Signal_v3",dist2,dist1,2,2);

SS_SBUY_0 = iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),"Super Signal_v3",dist2,dist1,3,2);

STO = iStochastic(Symbol(),0,k_period,d_period,slowing,mamethod,PriceField,MODE_MAIN,1);

STOSIG = iStochastic(Symbol(),0,k_period,d_period,slowing,mamethod,PriceField,MODE_SIGNAL,1);

STO1 = iStochastic(Symbol(),0,k_period,d_period,slowing,mamethod,PriceField,MODE_MAIN,2);

STOSIG1 = iStochastic(Symbol(),0,k_period,d_period,slowing,mamethod,PriceField,MODE_SIGNAL,2);

if (SS_WSELL_0 != EMPTY_VALUE && SS_SSELL_0 != EMPTY_VALUE && STO STOSIG1) {SSIsSell=true;SSIsBuy=false;}

if (SS_WBUY_0 != EMPTY_VALUE && SS_SBUY_0 != EMPTY_VALUE && STO > STOSIG && STO1 < STOSIG1) {SSIsSell=false;SSIsBuy=true;}

I added a stoch cross to the Super Signal Expert Advisor, wasn't this what you asked and called the Super Signal (the last posted), but renamed it v3 for ease of coding or should say calling into expert ?

If you want different timeframe stoch, change the 0 after Symbol() to something like StochTf then with external varibles add the StochTf there, its easy!!

Regards

ps) Just want to add SuperSignal very dangerous indicator for real account health so please if you must use this indicator or Ea only use in demo account.

mrtools:
The source code indicator wise, of the Ea is this

SS_WSELL_0 = iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),"Super Signal_v3",dist2,dist1,0,2);

SS_WBUY_0 = iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),"Super Signal_v3",dist2,dist1,1,2);

SS_SSELL_0 = iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),"Super Signal_v3",dist2,dist1,2,2);

SS_SBUY_0 = iCustom(Symbol(),Period(),"Super Signal_v3",dist2,dist1,3,2);

STO = iStochastic(Symbol(),0,k_period,d_period,slowing,mamethod,PriceField,MODE_MAIN,1);

STOSIG = iStochastic(Symbol(),0,k_period,d_period,slowing,mamethod,PriceField,MODE_SIGNAL,1);

STO1 = iStochastic(Symbol(),0,k_period,d_period,slowing,mamethod,PriceField,MODE_MAIN,2);

STOSIG1 = iStochastic(Symbol(),0,k_period,d_period,slowing,mamethod,PriceField,MODE_SIGNAL,2);

if (SS_WSELL_0 != EMPTY_VALUE && SS_SSELL_0 != EMPTY_VALUE && STO STOSIG1) {SSIsSell=true;SSIsBuy=false;}

if (SS_WBUY_0 != EMPTY_VALUE && SS_SBUY_0 != EMPTY_VALUE && STO > STOSIG && STO1 < STOSIG1) {SSIsSell=false;SSIsBuy=true;}

I added a stoch cross to the Super Signal Expert Advisor, wasn't this what you asked and called the Super Signal (the last posted), but renamed it v3 for ease of coding or should say calling into expert ?

If you want different timeframe stoch, change the 0 after Symbol() to something like StochTf then with external varibles add the StochTf there, its easy!!

Regards

ps) Just want to add SuperSignal very dangerous indicator for real account health so please if you must use this indicator or Ea only use in demo account.

okay sorry mrtools it is my fault, that I did not read though the source code.

anyway thanks.I will look though the code to modified to my needs. thanks again.

mrtools forward testing so far so good, however, could you code as when it reach 20 pip then move the order to break even. and have trail stop for 30 pips!

as EA backtesting is sucks.

this EA need a lot of turn ups.

tailing stop

when other condition meets closed order and open another order as other side.

hi, increase

do you try the higher TF of stochastic crossover on EA?

if you want pm me for the EA.

Update on Super Signals?

I've just finished reading through the entire forum, I'm a little confused on any particular system that uses Super Signals to achieve any gains.

I'm currently using Super Signals v3d, ive been demo testing it, it looks ok, but I have noticed that it does repaint. I'm a little concerned about the accuracy of this indicator.

Is anyone using Super Signals successfully? If so, what version are you using, and how are you using it?

Thanks.

I am not into EA

but fxcm site --- something daily (pie chart on each major)

does provide another TYPE of fxcm proprietary SSI , free on the web

showing sentiment -- i.e. what PEOPLE hold -- for the week -- (one of the S)

so there are various SSI definition in forex -- I guess I would interpret as more long term view on an currency (like weekly etc)

SSI -- few indicators here

SSI - EA

SSI -- people tend to buy or sell on each currency for OVER-NIGHT

eurisko:
I've just finished reading through the entire forum, I'm a little confused on any particular system that uses Super Signals to achieve any gains.

I'm currently using Super Signals v3d, ive been demo testing it, it looks ok, but I have noticed that it does repaint. I'm a little concerned about the accuracy of this indicator.

Is anyone using Super Signals successfully? If so, what version are you using, and how are you using it?

Thanks.

the super signal indicator as only can using as your guide line only.

however, you may want to using the EA created by mrtools. add stochastic crossover, would be way better, note, forward test only. back testing not profitable.

version 3f is not much different then version 3d the different is there is option to alert like all the alert, buy only sell only or strong buy or sell only.

increase:
I agree, but it seems to be doing ok in conjunction with other indicators, but not on it's own, worth a look

I believe this zigzag type of indicator is best used in a channel/trending market, and best not used in a run-away market. Also, best used when more than one timeframe agrees on turnaround. One of it's best features is using it to take maximum profit out of your trade and not simply watching your profit run all the way back to a loss. This indicator is best used in conjuction with other similar indictors that have different settings and line up together on turnaround.

As much as this indicator is slated I have made numerous fortunes solely on this indicator and use it daily as part of my daily trading.

Here is a picture of my daily setup with zigzag type indicators in use....I went long at the baby 2/8th line 1.9516 in at 1.9522 (not using the indicator at this point), but I closed my trade at 1.9579 using the indicator keeping my profits at max.

Xard777

Interesting !!

I read this thread completely. about super signal indicator and converted to EA.. Some seniors advise not to use this indicator since it moves and repaints.. etc.. still some traders seems to be using either as a stand alone or with the help of other indicators..

All this makes me think forex is personal.. what works for me - may not work for other.. becuase there are many variable parameters that can be applied to forex to make it profitable or to loose money..

Anyways - all the best for the people to whom this indicator is working.. and keep the thread moving...

im liking this ea. thanks for the post.

Reason: