Profit Generator EA results - page 2

Oh I see...

It wasn't MM it was the obsolete setting closing the trade after 30 minutes. Very cool!

1 week results using post 284

Attached are the results from the seting on post 284, I also have a copy of the webpage for future refrence.

Files:
results.zip  81 kb

novafx99:
It wasn't MM it was the obsolete setting closing the trade after 30 minutes. Very cool!

Obsolete Setting does not close the trade after 30M, here is what it accually does (which is VERY COOL).

Say you are in a position LONG on the EURUSD and you are up 30 pips (with a take profit of 40 and stoploss of 30). Sudden, the conditions of the market change and you start to lose your profits. What Obsolete settings does it check every 30M (or 15 or 60 or whatever you specify) to see if the conditions are still there for you to stay in your long position. If after 30 minutes it says, "Conditions have now changed, you should be in a short position now!" it immediately CLOSES your LONG position wherever you have it (say at this point you are only up now 5 pips) and opens a SHORT position in the opposite direction!!! That way, you do no lose ALL your profits and you don't have to take a stoploss either. Thus, you just made 5 pips on the trade and did not lose 30 that you probably would have. Plus, since you are now trading in the opposite directiion, there is a good chance you can capitalize on changing market rather then just losing money.

I hope that helps everyone and if I am wrong, Nich or someone else, please correct.

Statements for H1

These are my statements for H1 timeframe:

Besides the SL and TP on the statement, here are the changes to default made:

UseObsoleteMethod: True

ObsoleteMinutes: 30

Overall pretty good. As you will notice that some currency pairs did better than others and the Non-Farm report really dropped profitability down somewhat (on Friday), but overall profitable.

Files:
statements.zip  41 kb

sadaloma:

H1 seems to be working better at the moment. Time will tell...

Sada

Sada,

Can we get an end of the week update on those statements? Thanks for all the hard work.

holyguy7

In statement post 5 had you TS? I am not understanding whay you have gain 8 pips or loss 7 pips. Can you this explain?

Ok I know this is obsolete metode

holyguy7:
Sada, Can we get an end of the week update on those statements? Thanks for all the hard work.

Here they are...

and here are the analysis per statement:

On Alpari H1 tp 20:

Best pairs: CHF/JPY; EUR/USD; NZD/USD; GBP/USD = 547 PIPS

Alpari H1 TP 40:

Best pairs: EUR/CHF; GBPUSD; NZDUSD; USD/CHF = 616 pips

Alpari M15 TP20:

Best Pairs: AUD/USD; EUR/JPY; USDJPY = 80 pips

Alpari D1 TP 40:

Best pairs: USD/CHF; USD/JPY = 140 pips

MIG H1 TP 20:

Best pairs: AUS/USD; CHF/JPY; EUR/CHF; EUR/USD; GBP/USD; NZD/USD; USD/CHF = 638 pips

MIG H1 TP 40:

Best pairs: aud/jpy; cad/jpy; eur/usd; gbp/usd; nzd/usd; usd/chf; usd/jpy = 848 pips

I use mt4report software to analyse these statements...For future "best pairs" please download the software and use it :P

Software can be found at:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Sada

PS: I am cancelling the D1 tests.

Files:

What ever happened to the "sending nick money via paypal" idea? :D

Nicholishen:
What ever happened to the "sending nick money via paypal" idea?

Ahem... my my...WHAT IS THIS?!?!?! I thought you were already filthy rich and just hanging around here, coding this cool EAs just for kicks 'cause you have so much time and money in your hands.

Tell you what, if one of your EAs passes the acid-forward test, end up in a real account and makes me serious $, I will gladly press the paypal button to anywhere you want...hehehe

Sada

I just compared the trades between PG 3.2.2 and PG 2.6 on the same currency,same settings in TP & SL and same time

The difference is HUGE! more then 100 pips difference...

PG 3.2.2 did more trades, gross profit was higher and the gross loss of lower. Please look at the report created by Mt4report tool for comparison that I have attached to see what I mean.

The new obsolete feature really works well. Thanks again Nicholishen.

BTW, do you know how to code the same EA in tradestation language? Joking aside, the idea of novafx99 here is not a bad one, in fact it's brilliant. I don't have paypal but egold works for me. If other people here are interested please voice your opinion, I think it's worth it. OR if anyone around here can afford the full cost without sweating, by all means go ahead

Reason: