StepMA_Stoch_v1 EA. Simple yet satisfying - page 2

Momentum indicator

Well, I really think we should get the indicator to start making trades right first before we add a momentum indicator. Like I said in a previous post, I've manually looked back and looked at the trades that the indicator would have made, and the gains are way more than the losses. Thanks Jorgka.

Huhenyo

Can you post a screen shot, if there is an error I will fix it.

As I can't test it right now so your feedback is most important.

Also I'll produce a 1min version, that way we can quickly check the signal crosses for Buy, Sell & exits

Jorgka

false signals

Jorgka,

I started forward testing the expert and I found that when a cross was in the process of happening, the expert would buy and sell many times as the two lines were fluctuating above and below as the cross is being made. Could you modify the expert so that is would only buy and sell when the next bar opens after the cross? This way we might be able to avoid the many buys and sells as the two lines cross. Thanks.

Huhenyo

OrderCloseBy()

If anyone knows how to use this function, please incorporate it into this program once Jorgka makes the change mentioned in my previous post. Thanks all for your help since I'm helpless without you!

hi guys,

i 'm watching all over this indicator as well for the pas few days in the 30 minutes tf as well it's perform well but the rules of the game is prepared to entry buy when in the current bar, the yellow line already give a sign crosing a bit to blue line but we have to wait till the bar close to make sure it's not false breakout then if in the next bar the yellow stoch is crossing up the blue one then we get in into it.but we have to make sure the crossing must be obvious to just a very tinny cross. so if anyone make an EA for this, i think this is the way it's work and i'm looking forward for some of the good programmer make the Ea.it works really nice .thx

Files:
steprule.gif  46 kb

for additonal, what i mean by obvious cross between stoch 1 and 2 is at distance least 0.02 to entry the position whether it long or short also if the price has gain profit for 35 pt then we should put the stop loss in the entry price.after the stop move to break even then it should move every 5 pt only when the price move every 20 pt from entry point.for example:

we long gbp on 1.8400 and did not put any stoploss

• when the price move to 1.8435 then the stop automatically appears in the entry point, which is 8400
  • when the price move to 1.8455, the stop also move 5 points to 1.8405
  • when the price move to 1.8475, the stop also move 5 points to 1.8410
and so on until the trade has been closed because the stoch has crossed the opposite way for the length at least 0.02

thank you very much... hope the ea willl come out soon

guys, i found one more weakness that we have to put into this strategy to minimize false breakout and losses.as i said in the previous post, the rules of the game is prepared to entry buy when in the current bar, the yellow line already give a sign crosing a bit to blue line but we have to wait till the bar close to make sure it's not false breakout then if in the next bar the yellow stoch is stillcrossing up the blue one then we get in into it but if the previous bar's stochastic that confirms, the high-low range more than 45 pt then most of the next bar entry is false.hope mo re research from all of u to make this powerfull ea works great.thx

Files:
rule2.gif  24 kb

I guys, sorry for the lack of response on my part.

I built the EA but was unable to test it, as I'v being busy with other things.

I'll look into it now & repost the EA on monday after I have tested it's performance.

Jorgka

EA Fix

Here is the update & fixed the error.

Jorgka

Files:

jorgka:
Here is the update & fixed the error. Jorgka

Doesnt it require some indicator for this EA called iCustom(NULL, 1, "RSTL", 0);

=iCustom(NULL, 1, "SATL", Close, 0, 1);???

Reason: