Files:

Spepstochcross

Just a quick backtest

Files:

jorgka:
Just a quick backtest

Hi Jorgka,

Tnx for the effort and this EA.

But I don't see any settings how one can optimize the parameters. Standard it uses 1.0 but in most situations one can see that this is not the ideal parameter. On 30minute charts experience learnes that a +/- 1.4-1.6 does a better job. So is it possible to add the parameter of the stepmatoc so they can be optimized ?..

TNX a lott is advance...iGoR

Hi Jorgka,

I don't think that the EA works correct. It gives only 15 trades when one tryes to backtest your default settings on a 30min cable without any stop. There should be hundreds of trades. If you look to the indicator over 2 years period, there are 100's of crossings

greetings iGoR

settings

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't added much to this thread since I started it, but I would suggest to Jorgka to review the paramaters that I explained in the beginning of this thread. If you use 1.0 the EA will not be profitable, but if 1.9 is used, the EA will be very profitable. There will be losses, but the gains are enormous. All the EA has to do is buy or sell once a cross is confirmed on the 30min chart of Cable, USD/CHF, USD/JPY, and EUR/JPY. If you can program the EA to sell or buy twice as many shares as are currently in the position, this will allow the one position to close while opening the next position for the same amount but in the opposite direction.

The beauty of the EA is that you don't need a stoploss because there will always be another cross that will end the current position. Believe me, with this EA you don't need a stop loss. Now be careful in programming the close/open position as explained above because it is possible the the previous position may not close when selling or buying twice the amount of the open position. I've seen it happen where it just opens a completely new position for twice the amount of the previous position without closeing the previous position. For example lets say that you have a long position for 1 standard lot. The next cross comes and so the EA sells 2 standard lots. This should sell all of the first standard lot, closing that position. There will be 1 short lot left over which is the new position in the opposite direction. That is the ideal. I've seen it happen where instead of just ending up with 1 short lost you might still have the 1 long lot open and 2 short lots. That is what we want to avoid.

Another problem that must be dealt with is that of making sure that the EA only executes when the lines have completely crossed and not when they are crossing because you will get a lot of opens and closing of positions while it crosses. The EA really doesn't need to be more complicated that what I've put here. The only added feature that is needed is one that could increase the # of lots as the account grows, but once that is in there and the EA is programmed correctly, it really doesn't need to be complicated anymore. It will work if programmed right. Like I've said before, I've manually backtested this strategy, and the results were awesome. I think the key is making sure the EA does exactly what we want it to.

Thanks for your help,

Huhenyo

Details of the EA

I'll try & answer some questions here & bring some clarity.

double diCustom0=iCustom(NULL, 30, "StepMA_Stoch_v1", 10, 1.8, 0, 0, 0); double diCustom1=iCustom(NULL, 30, "StepMA_Stoch_v1", 10, 1.8, 0, 1, 0);

double diCustom2=iCustom(NULL, 30, "StepMA_Stoch_v1", 10, 1.8, 0, 0, 1);

double diCustom3=iCustom(NULL, 30, "StepMA_Stoch_v1", 10, 1.8, 0, 1, 1);

OK As you can see there are 4 double dicustom commands.

dicustom1, dicustom2, dicustom3 & dicustom4.

I'll break it down for you guys as simple as possible.

Where NULL, 30, this is the value for the timeframe. EG 30 = 30 mins or if you change it too NULL, 15, this them would call a 15 timeframe.

"StepMA_Stoch_v1" is the indicator that the Expert calls upon from the MT indicator Set.

Values, 10, 1.8, 10 these are the StepMA_Stoch_v1 input parameters, MUST BE IN ORDER. So Igor can change these from "StepMA_Stoch_v1", 10, 1.4, 0 if he likes.

The last remaining two all the values in the expert refer to Values. Where value 0 is the Yellow Line & value 1 is the Blue line. Why you ask is Value 0 (yellow) not value 1 & Blue (value 1) not value 2, well this is because in the StepStoch indicator it defines value 0 as Yellow & value 1 as blue. & the last field is value 0 for Current Bar & value 1 is 1 Bar Back.

OK So thats the indicator Set.

Now the Buy Sell parameters

lFlagBuyOpen = (diCustom3>=diCustom2) && (diCustom0>diCustom1);

lFlagSellOpen = (diCustom2>=diCustom3) && (diCustom1>diCustom0);

lFlagBuyClose = (diCustom2>=diCustom3) && (diCustom1>diCustom0);

lFlagSellClose = (diCustom3>=diCustom2) && (diCustom0>diCustom1);

to Buy (Go long) Dicustom3 must be Less or equal is dicustom2

Meaing one bar back the Yellow line must be less or equal to Blue Line

&

Dicustom0 must be greater than Dicustom1

Meaining the Yellow Line must be more not equal but more than the blue line on the current Bar, if all this line's up in the IFlagBuyOpen string then we have a trade to go long.

You'l notice Iflagsellclose & Iflagbuyopen as the same, cause when going short on a currency (sell) we would like to exit out of a trade the same as if we are going to buy. therefore Iflagsellopen & iflagbuyclose have also the same parameters.

I know this sounds confusing for some & others won't be a problem but this is how you identify a cross, for buying & Selling trades based on cross of indicators.

Igor,

Never rely on MT4 back tests.

Also if you need to change the parameters open the EA & Dicustom1 to 4, the value 1.8 & change it too 1.4 or 1.6, whatever suits you.

Huhenyo

As I told you, the EA will open & close on the Cross buy & selling. useing the parameters given in the first post.

I will add Money manager based on % of the account, will make the default 2%.

Will post update when you guys are satisfied.

Cheers

Jorgka

jorgka:
I'll try & answer some questions here & bring some clarity.

Where NULL, 30, this is the value for the timeframe. EG 30 = 30 mins or if you change it too NULL, 15, this them would call a 15 timeframe.

"StepMA_Stoch_v1" is the indicator that the Expert calls upon from the MT indicator Set.

Values, 10, 1.8, 10 these are the StepMA_Stoch_v1 input parameters, MUST BE IN ORDER. So Igor can change these from "StepMA_Stoch_v1", 10, 1.4, 0 if he likes.

Hi Jorgka,

That I had already figured out. I did the testing on a 30min. chart and I did severall backtest everytime changing the value from 1.1 up to 1.8. But like I said over a 2 year period it gave not more then 15trades per test...so indeed the backtesting is absolutly not reliable as I found out with other simple strategys.

greetings..iGoR

Backtesting

iGoR,

I found that if you use the every tick option in the back tester you will get a lot more trades. In just a one month backtest there were about 15 trades on $/Yen, & $/CHF.

Jorgka,

Hey, for the most part the EA makes the trades accurately. The second setting on the indicator needs to be 1.9 instead of 1.8. It makes a big difference. I went back and check the trades that the ea made and most of them were correct, but there was one trade that was bogus and the indicator wasn't even close to crossing. Do you know what might have happened? I'll attach a screenshot so you can see. I also say that there was a cross that didn't get traded. Did you put in the code to not trade on a cross after a 30 pip move? If so, I really don't think it is necessary to have that code in there.

Thanks for you work so far. I really think the ea has potential.

Files:
badtrade.jpg  192 kb

results and false trades

Okay, I changed the settings just a little bit so that PeriodWATR is 20 and Kwatr is 1.9. I ran the tester using the setting that evaluates every tick, the chart is GBP/USD. I then went back and reevaluated every trade. The EA did everything correct until it came to trade #24 - #28 (see picture). I don't know why it makes the false trades like that. I've also attached the result of just over one month on GBP/USD; they are very promissing as long as we can figure out how to avoid false trades. Without those 2 false trades the EA would have generated about a 60% return in one month trading one lot. Not bad, huh?

Thanks everyone for your interest and help.

Huhenyo.

Files:
false_trades.jpg  235 kb
results.jpg  185 kb

It's appears the current bar signal moves enough to trigger some false signals, thanks for pointing it out.

I will make some changes to make on the close of the current bar. this will resolve the false trades.

I'm testing the ea here & will post results next week.

I'll have an update shortly

Jorgka

Reason: