Profit Generator EA - page 54

mike4X:

This is going to be a challenge for Nich!

Mike4X.

Bring it on! When this is done... you all owe me a beer!

In fact the more I think about it, Cable is the best performer by quite a way.

Instead of having 1 lot each in GBP-USD, EUR-USD and USD-CHF at the same time, why not just have 3 lots in Cable?

That way we wouldn't need any of the conflicting trading directions to worry about (and program!)

Mike4X.

MIKE4X,

What does changing the Bar Open Percent from 0.5 to 0.6 do???

ANYONE,

Which brokers seem to work best for trading with this EA?

Thanks,

~Billy

mike4X:
In fact the more I think about it, Cable is the best performer by quite a way.

Instead of having 1 lot each in GBP-USD, EUR-USD and USD-CHF at the same time, why not just have 3 lots in Cable?

That way we wouldn't need any of the conflicting trading directions to worry about (and program!)

Mike4X.

no worries.. there is an easy way to do both with the same EA.

The USD/JPY showed good results too though.... right?

What if we just traded the GBP/USD and USD/CHF. And make sure they never trade the same direction. They are the top 2 performers this way there is some diversity instead of throwing it all into one pair?

Just a thought

~Billy

bagovino:
The USD/JPY showed good results too though.... right?

That is what I am worried about...All JPY pairs lost or had unsignificant winnings.

I will post my statements on sunday (I have to reconnect with my non internet social life this weekend before coming to you guys)

BTW, almost all my test were performed on H1. Maybe jpy currencies will make a come back later?...anyone else have any luck on the JPYs?

Sada

Well if you risk 1 lot in GBP-USD and then 1 lot in USD-CHF you will not generate as many pips (on average) as risking 2 lots on Cable.

Cable is notoriously a more volatile pair and tends to always over-react to news therefore more chance to take a few more pips profit.

We should keep testing and comparing pairs though and have the choice to trade 1, 2 3 or more pairs.

Mike4X.

bagovino:
MY PROFITS:

I only attatched this PG for 1 1/2 days so far, but the results are amazing! All I changed was the take profit to 45. From 4/12 15:55 to 4/14 7:00 Where I had to manually close out the trades..... I traded the GBP, EURO, AUD and CHF vs. USD.

There were 17 trades executed, 13 winners and 4 losers. 76% hit rate! +257 positive pips vs. -49 negative pips for a total of 208 pips!!!

Like Mike4x stsed, I have to manually close the trades sometimes before the PG give the profit back. If we can find a way to take profit better this is a total winner!!!

Thanks,

~Billy

Any ideas on taking profit better?

Mike,

Real quick.... What did changing baropenpercent to 0.6 do? I'm new at programming. Thanks.

Also, you mentioned something earlier about when GBP and EURO conflict it can be a sign to take profit. Great idea.

And Again, any ideas on taking profit better?

Thanks Guys!

~Billy

Reason: