Profit Generator EA - page 46

novafx99:
It seems like with the obsolete setting on 30 minutes it makes sense to set a high TP like Holyguy had done(80). If the trade doesn't become obsolete then at least we have a chance for a nice trend trade at 80 pips.

Very true. Last week I got 80 pips on a trade because of news. I am working now with 200 pip Take Profit with Obsolete set to 10-15 minutes and just letting it ride.

What I like about the obsolete feature is that it even allows for profits (scalping) to be made during the a Asian session which is normally a pretty dead time. Make money on trends, make money scalping, make money during every session. Very nice.

It is similar to a trailing stop but in my opinion much better. It is not as sensitive thus won't stop you out when you could be in for much more profits. I think that institutions know that many use trailing stops and they purposefully move prices up and down to clean the clocks of many that are trying to ride their wave. However, with Obsolete Feature, we may have temporarily circumvented it.

KISS!!!!!

I'm in sales... which is the life line of economy... KISS means: KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!!!!!

My theory will work in my previous post... If you choose to ignore it, it's your loss!!!

~Billy

HELP!!!!!

Is there a way in which I can get a text message to my phone when an indicator gives a signal on MT4???

Please help!!!

Thanks,

~Billy

See attached picture. It seems that MM is not always working as it should be (I think). Can anyone explain why there is such a difference between Lots? (for all pairs MM=true and I’m using a 5.000 account).

EDIT

OK. It seems that this EA is not using MM if the function UseAbsolteMethod is triggerd.

Files:
test1.bmp  199 kb

bagovino:

My theory will work in my previous post... If you choose to ignore it, it's your loss!!!

~Billy

Straddling news releases rarely works. Even with trailing stops you are much more likely to get whipped around and come out negative. With this EA I think designing a news feature is a mistake. I think you either have to let it run through news and win some and lose some, or just disable it the couple times a month prior to big news releases.

marlintrdg:
Changes made to Ea & website 8:50pm est

Marlindrdg,

Results are looking good so far with the Obsolete Feature turned on. We will see how things to but so far, so good.

Tick backtester

Hi!

My tick backtester is now working. I just need good data now because there are some big bugs in visualcharts ones (EURUSD going for a minute from 1.21 to 1.29.. and coming back in a tick to "normal" value).

I'll check for data link Beluck gave in post 438 but overall quality seems to be good and a simple filter to correct those big bugs should enable tests.

I backtested forward tests made last week (Still running this week) and it seems working the same.

The only thing I did not coded are Stochastic and EMA options. I'll do it later if first tests give good results or if I have time to spend at work.

jojolalpin:
Hi!

My tick backtester is now working. I just need good data now because there are some big bugs in visualcharts ones (EURUSD going for a minute from 1.21 to 1.29.. and coming back in a tick to "normal" value).

I'll check for data link Beluck gave in post 438 but overall quality seems to be good and a simple filter to correct those big bugs should enable tests.

I backtested forward tests made last week (Still running this week) and it seems working the same.

The only thing I did not coded are Stochastic and EMA options. I'll do it later if first tests give good results or if I have time to spend at work.

Don't worry about the Stoch and EMA. I don't think they help that much as when I tried them, they rarely gave me any more profits. I would like to run some backtesting to see some good settings or if you can do that, that would be great. Can you share your work here?

Thanks for making Profit Generator the greatest EA of all time.

Clarification of Obsolete method

I wanted to clarify exactly how the Obsolete method works in this EA. The obolete method will check for the criteria to open an opposite trade after the time limit expires. For example, I've set maxtrades to 3. I am in 2 LONG and 1 SHORT position. The EA recognized the opening pattern for one more long position. In order to replace the short with a long the following would have to be true:

1. UseObsoleteMethod=true

2. The length of time that the trade has been opened has surpassed the Osolete time.

So in other words, the EA will replace ONLY when a PG signal is present in the opposite direction, and the trade is obsolete. Be careful when widening SL because even though the market may move against the position, it is no guarantee that the open criteria will be present for an opposing order.

jojolalpin:
Hi!

Here is some tick data that was collected by ibfx. They claim that the fxt file is not server emmulation, but rather it is real historical tick by tick data. I am not sure if this helps at all... https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Reason: