Discussion - page 49

New to Elite Site

Hello,

i just subscribed to this elite forum, however, how does one get started here? where can i locate these trading systems?

Regards,

Graham

Where does one find these EA's?

Regards,

Graham

gjervis:
Hello,

i just subscribed to this elite forum, however, how does one get started here? where can i locate these trading systems?

Regards,

Graham

Look at sticky threads:

- usefull links/threads/tools;

- EAs' files;

- how to start with elite section;

and so on.

BidPlace:
Hello All,

I like the Elite section and am a member there... I too am searching for an EA. Im looking for one that builds profits albeit small profits slowly with low drawdown and low chance of risk.

Seems to me that some EAs are good in a ranging type market... some are good in a sideways market and others will work all the time.

Its too bad that the real trading experts that frequent this site dont combine brains and decide once and for all what EAs are good for what type of market conditions...

Then create a new Market Deciding EA which its sole purpose would be to judge the type of current market situation...ranging, sideways, etc and then have ALL of the profitable EAs code merged together into one HUGE EA... Then have the program select which code to use depending on the current market conditions.

Then you would be profitable in all conditions...(hopefully) assuming we could accurately determine which EA is good for what type of conditions and also how far in advance we could predict the market conditions to tell if its ranigng or not.

Sure would be fun to try...any takers?

Thanks,

-Matt

Soundz so good... I like it. please check : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175657

We still have open this project. and looking for more ideas and coders now. I want to see this project born.

You're very Welcome.

Regards.

Dswk

Well,

At least we were thinking alike on this! I would think this system has to do the following:

1. run 24/7 determining whether we are in a (T)rending, (S)ideways or (R)anging market. Maybe in order to do this properly it would need to have say 5 different methods of judging which one of the markets we are in...TS or R. If only 4 out of 5 methods agree... we give it an 80% chance of a ranging market prediction.

2. Next we allow the user to see how risky they want to get in using the EA... if you are ok with changing EAs with only an 80% predicition rate as aforementioned, then allow it to change to an EA best suited for a ranging market. However if you are a super safe trader... maybe you would wait until all 5 indicators agree...

3. Lastly are the individual EAs that would comprise the whole package... market experts would have to analyze, backtest and forwardtest all known methods and assign them what they are rated for... (T) for trending markets, (S) for sideways or (R) for ranging markets... an EA could also be rated for one or more if it works in multiple market conditions.

5. Now say we are in a trending market and there are 4 EAs that work GREAT in a trending market, the program would need to somehow decide which EA gets a chance first. Kind of like picking players for a baseball game. Who is first up, second up, etc. Id think this would be based on how strongly each one performed in the expert analysis phase.

Ok theres my take on it... Sure wish I knew how to code it... id start.... Either way... Id like a copy when you are finished...whoever does code it!

-Matt

[REQUEST] Each EA Description

Hi traders,

I'm sorry if my english is not too good.

I'm just join this elite section and found that there are 35 EA's and having difficulties to find which EA match my trading style.

I just wonder is there any thread that summarize all EA description or details?

I mean a little explanation about each EA like:

Name: GreatTrend EA

Base on : MA Indicator (or not using any indicator)

Work best on : Trending Market

Little Description :

Open position when MA cross, close position when SL hit or MA Recross.

Or

Name : Scalp EA

Base on : channel

Work best on : Ranging Market

Little Description :

Open position when price hit upper/lower channel, close position when SL hit or price hit lower/upper channel.

Something like that..

Anyway, I'm currently studying each EA thread to know how each EA work but if there is thread that already have this informations I would like to know.

Any help will be appreciated

Thank you

Aldhy

Idea is good but there are more than 60 different EAs + different modifications and the settings. Too many EAs. And not all of them are profitable.

So it may be the better to look at files thread first because every EA is having it own separated thread in elite section with the discussion. Besides there is excel files posted on the first post of files thread, and you may follow all sticky threads for the performance.

I understand that it may be good to get all the information from elite section just for one day but i'm affraid that it is fully impossible: too many information here. Besides there are something called as "people preferencies": which EA the people like more, which less.

I am continuing excel files for all EAs performance and all the description will be in excel file. It may be good for the people just to download one or 2 excel fils instead of looking around elite section for many day just to understand what they need and what they don't need. But it takes a time sorry.

excel files with EAs performance were updated here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Post #1 of files thread were updated for excel files https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

All Heiken_Ashi links on links thread here.

Reason: