Profit Generator EA - page 18

Lower time frames test settings

Reply after comments of https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173795/page12

I forgot the version. it's 2.6.3 with no time filter and superclose() use.

I was wondering if there were no problem using different installs of MT4. Really no problem with register keys? just in case, anyone running it well under linux?

Also I didn't try all currencies because I still have not made a script to easy open and set a lot of EA's (if you have one). Yesterday night I was fed up after the fifth major and I saw trading problems (maybe to many windows).

I still have to analyse all trades to see parameters influence (Maybe tomorrow with more examples by currency). I'll tell you if I find something interesting.

holyguy7:
Here is what I have learned works (profitable) so far with this week with Profit Generator EA:

USDCHF- D1- SL30- TP40- Timefilter on

EURCAD- H1- SL30- TP40- Timefilter on- Longbar 15

EURJPY- H1- SL30- TP60- Longbar 15

GBPUSD- H1- SL30- TP40- Timefilter on- Longbar 15

GBPJPY- M15- SL30- TP60- Longbar 20

EURJPY- M15- SL30- TP60- Longbar 20

GBPUSD- M15- SL30- TP40- Longbar 20

I also did extensive backtesting with the EURUSD pair (90% modeling) and found the following to be the most profitable setting:

EURUSD- H4- SL50- TP40- Timefilter on- Longbar 16

Well, if we can get others to do backtesting on the other currency pairs and forward testing as I have done, let's all work together and see what else we can find out. We need to back and forward test every currency pair because I believe the key to success in this EA is the getting profitable settings on all currency pairs and then letting the profits role in.

Holyguy, what version you are using?

Got killed on 14:00 news release today with the US Fed increasing interest rates...ouch. Everything s/l'ed out at around 19:17 GMT.

USD/CHF -30 pips

EUR/USD -30

GBP/USD -30

Earlier in the day, I did make:

USD/JPY +60

GBP/USD +40

So, +10 for the day. Was hoping for more, but could have been worse. Tomorrow's another day...more testing.

Scott

fxd01:
Holyguy, what version you are using?

Using the version posted on Post 1. You can download it HERE

sstillwell:
Got killed on 14:00 news release today with the US Fed increasing interest rates...ouch. Everything s/l'ed out at around 19:17 GMT.

USD/CHF -30 pips

EUR/USD -30

GBP/USD -30

Earlier in the day, I did make:

USD/JPY +60

GBP/USD +40

So, +10 for the day. Was hoping for more, but could have been worse. Tomorrow's another day...more testing.

Scott

That is great. The idea behind this isn't to make a boatload of money really fast (though that would be nice) but to find the pairs that consistently make gains. I would prefer just about 3 trades a day average (2 winners and 1 loser) so that I could make consistent profits. I believe this EA can do that with the proper settings.

As you know, my style is going for a good 30-40 pips profit. However, others like to just scalp a 6-10 pip profit. Everyone has their own style and this EA can possibly be molded to everyone's style.

Please sign up on the sheet with your settings that you are trying. I created this sheet so that we would not all duplicate settings and we could see which currency pairs work best.

If you can try EVERY currency pair your broker offers in the demo account that would be helpful to see if any work on a particular setting.

Please Download the document and sign up and reupload the changes.

If you don't know how, just post the settings you are testing on this thread and I will add it in.

I'm testing more than one pair...with different parameters on different pairs. How do I account for that in the document? Want me to add a column for the symbol?

Scott

Here are my settings. My computer crashed overnight and messed up the tests. Anyway, the results are still negative with H4 settings.

Maji

sstillwell, you could just put your settings in your post and then reference that post number in the document.

Guys and gals,

Let us not get carried away and over optimize the system. The purpose is to find some stable and robust parameters, and if possible parameters that are the same for multiple pairs. We should not be looking for the most profitable set of parameters, but the most stable one.

Thanks for all your help,

Maji

Maji:
Guys and gals,

Let us not get carried away and over optimize the system. The purpose is to find some stable and robust parameters, and if possible parameters that are the same for multiple pairs. We should not be looking for the most profitable set of parameters, but the most stable one.

Thanks for all your help,

Maji

Exactly correct. We need to find parameters that are going to be stable over the long run. However, Nich, I believe there might be one more feature to add to this thing. How about a reverse feature so that all buys become sells and sells become buys. Check out my statement here and you will see what I mean.

Thus, if you find a setting that consistantly loses money, we might be able to capitalize on it. Just because something is losing money very quickly does not mean that it is a total bust. It means that by reversing those trades we could have made money very quickly.

Files:
pg_d1.gif  5 kb
pg_d1.htm  35 kb
Reason: