Stochastic Momentum Indicator (Index) - page 3

relative momentum index

hi guys ..it s been a while i m using the relative momntum index as my only indicator and the results are amazing ..this indicator is a winner...

the problem is i m using it on metastock and i wonder if someone can make the code for metatrader ....

buy order : Cross(RMI(C,20,5),30)

exit : Cross(70,RMI(C,20,5))

sell short order : Cross(70,RMI(C,20,5))

exit : Cross(RMI(C,20,5),30)

i hope someone can help us here ....

here are the results for 2 years backtesting (manually) 1h charts:

usdjpy 2079 pip

eurgbp 610 pip

eurjpy 1284 pip

eurusd 2930 pip

gbpusd 3529 pip

usdchf 2383 pip

as you can see no loosing pairs in the long run , and we can even improve it more ..

file in MQ format

Kalenzo:
THis one is with alerts of cross stoch with 0

HI Kale,

If you ( or anybody who read this thread)have the mq format file of the stochastimomentum put it here please.

I will be appreciated.

spiketrader:
HI Kale,

If you ( or anybody who read this thread)have the mq format file of the stochastimomentum put it here please.

I will be appreciated.

Hi!

Newdigital posted the source code, u can find it here https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/100/smi.mq4

Can you please post the relative momentum index for MT4

thank you

emeric

tokyowalker:
hi guys ..it s been a while i m using the relative momntum index as my only indicator and the results are amazing ..this indicator is a winner...

the problem is i m using it on metastock and i wonder if someone can make the code for metatrader ....

buy order : Cross(RMI(C,20,5),30)

exit : Cross(70,RMI(C,20,5))

sell short order : Cross(70,RMI(C,20,5))

exit : Cross(RMI(C,20,5),30)

i hope someone can help us here ....

here are the results for 2 years backtesting (manually) 1h charts:

usdjpy 2079 pip

eurgbp 610 pip

eurjpy 1284 pip

eurusd 2930 pip

gbpusd 3529 pip

usdchf 2383 pip

as you can see no loosing pairs in the long run , and we can even improve it more ..

reqeust again

Kalenzo:
Hi! Newdigital posted the source code, u can find it here https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/100/smi.mq4

Hi,

this link and its file is little diffrnt from yours ,both in graph and value,check it and lead me to the main source pls.

I too would like to see a mq4 version of RMI. More info on this indicator can be found on the FMLabs website. Quoting a page from their site:

Relative Momentum Index (RMI)

"The Relative Momentum Index (RMI) is a variation on the Relative Strength Index (RSI). To determine up and down days, the RSI uses the close compared to the previous close. The RMI uses the close compared to the close n days ago. An RMI with a time period of 1 is equal to the RSI. The RMI ranges from 0 to 100. Loke the RSI, The RMI is interpreted as an overbought/oversold indicator when the value is over 70/below 30. You can also look for divergence with price. If the price is making new highs/lows, and the RMI is not, it indicates a reversal.

The Relative Momentum Index was developed by Roger Altman and was introduced in his article in the February, 1993 issue of Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities magazine."

See attachment for formula

Files:
rmi.gif  2 kb

Hi,

I could use an alert with this indicator when a cross of MSI and signal line is confirmed by the close of the bar.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173778

If anyone could program that it would be awesome!

Rancho:
See attachment for formula

Variable "m" and "n" - are identical?

request

newdigital:
May be it is the different indicator. Just found inside my computer.

Hi,

this one is diffrent from the indicator which is mentioned at post #5. Would you pls put the mq4 formatt of the post #5 here to use by me.

regards

Stochastic Momentum

Hello!

Stochastic Momentum expired,

Can you please give me another week to try it.

Thank you.

Reason: