Stochastic Momentum Indicator (Index) - page 9

The SMI is one of my favorite indicators. With changing colors on slope, divergences and applied Bollinger Bands on it it's really nice.

When SMI is outside BB and changes his color a very high possibility of a turning trend is given. The divergences also indicates good opportunities (with lags, but still good). Thx mladen and all the others.

Just delete the static levels and add the BBs manually. 6 buffers are already in use and since I resign the middle line for orientation reluctantly, I did the dynamic per pedes. Maybe a real coder will do better.

smidivergence.mq4

Files:

krelian99:
The SMI is one of my favorite indicators. With changing colors on slope, divergences and applied Bollinger Bands on it it's really nice.

When SMI is outside BB and changes his color a very high possibility of a turning trend is given. The divergences also indicates good opportunities (with lags, but still good). Thx mladen and all the others.

Just delete the static levels and add the BBs manually. 6 buffers are already in use and since I resign the middle line for orientation reluctantly, I did the dynamic per pedes. Maybe a real coder will do better.

Here

Files:
smi.png  49 kb

airquest:
Here

Thank you for posting the attached "SMI-Divergence v2.mq4".

Sorry to ask a basic question.

Is "SMI-Divergence v2.mq4" an indicator for MT4 platform?

I copied it to the "Indicators" my MT4 platform (Local Disk C > Program Files (x86) > A broker's MT4 Platform > MQL4 > Indicators), started my MT4 platform, but was unable to locate the "SMI-Divergence v2.mq4" indicator.

Why?

What did I do wrong?

What must I do?

Please advise.

Thank you very much.

Thank you airquest, that was quick

Casey-el, this mq4-file is just the source code. Double click the file and a compiler opens, press compile and you will recieve an ex4-file which is readable for MT4. Now, open MT4 and you can add it to your chart.

Thank you, Krelian99, for your clarification and instructions.

When I clicked "SMI-Divergence v2.mq4", a MetaEditor appeared, with "Compile" on the menu bar.

However, when I pressed/clicked "Compile", I did not receive an ex4-file.

I wondered why.

Feeling dumb and frustrated.

Casey-el:
Thank you, Krelian99, for your clarification and instructions.

When I clicked "SMI-Divergence v2.mq4", a MetaEditor appeared, with "Compile" on the menu bar.

However, when I pressed/clicked "Compile", I did not receive an ex4-file.

I wondered why.

Feeling dumb and frustrated.

Casey-el

When the editor opens the file, chose file->save as and save it in your indicators folder. After that press the compile and it should appear in the indicators list if all is done OK (if you save the file in the correct indicators folder)

When while compiling no error occurs you should have 2 files named "SMI-Divergence v2". One mq4 and one ex4.

The path is not where the MT4 programm is installed. To keep that clean and to keep the risk low to mess everything your data is saved somewhere else: C:\Users\-your PC user name here-\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\-very long number here-\MQL4\Indicators

The folder AppData is hidden, maybe you must tell Windows that you want to see hidden folders.

Thank you very much, mladen, for your assistance.

Thank you very much, krelian99, for your assistance.

Hello folks! I´m looking desperately for SMI with LEVEL ALERT. In my strategy, the level 60 is crucial, and I need an alert and popup when this level was reached. Any one have such indicator??

Reason: