Stochastic Momentum Indicator (Index) - page 11

MobbyD:
Thank you very much sir...

I have played with input values but couldn't get same/similar as in metastock one below:

Screenshot by Lightshot

Somebody on mql forums was saying:

"In Metastock you have the following parameters.%K-parameters: Time Periods,Smoothing periods,Double smoothing periods . And for the %D-parameters it is this.Time Periods, Method,Style and Color..."

I don't know/understand the details as I'm not coder.

I am not familiar with the metastock version you are using

The version for mr4 is made as described in this book William Blau Momentum, Direction And Divergence.pdf (page 118 is the calculation formula. William Blau does not use those parameters you described - those names for parameters are usually associated with stochastic or double smoothed stochastic indicator)

Thank you for your prompt attention sir...

MobbyD:
Thank you very much sir...

I have played with input values but couldn't get same/similar as in metastock one below:

Screenshot by Lightshot

Somebody on mql forums was saying:

"In Metastock you have the following parameters.%K-parameters: Time Periods,Smoothing periods,Double smoothing periods . And for the %D-parameters it is this.Time Periods, Method,Style and Color..."

I don't know/understand the details as I'm not coder.

Please read my previous post that answered exactly the same question you posted again

It was an error on my part. Edited as above...

Sorry about that sir...

Is there somewhere a stochastic momentum index trade too?

nbtrading:
Is there somewhere a stochastic momentum index trade too?

nbtrading

The logic of the "trade" versions is simple : if the value is > 0 and the slope is up, then it is in the "trade mode" otherwise it is 0. Similar to values bellow 0 : if the value is < 0 and the slope is down, then it is in the "trade mode" otherwise it is 0

mladen:
nbtrading The logic of the "trade" versions is simple : if the value is > 0 and the slope is up, then it is in the "trade mode" otherwise it is 0. Similar to values bellow 0 : if the value is < 0 and the slope is down, then it is in the "trade mode" otherwise it is 0

OK. Thanks

Hi guys,

Would it be possible to have this SMI histogram indy with colored candles ? For instance, when the SMI slope turns up / bullish / green, have the corresponding candle have the same color ?

Thank you in advance,

Mike

mladen:
bayuveneo Here is this version. You have an option to color histogram on slope or when the smi value crosses signal line value (that is a default setting, you can use the ColorOnSlope to change that, so you can have two types of display)

emene:
Hi guys,

Would it be possible to have this SMI histogram indy with colored candles ? For instance, when the SMI slope turns up / bullish / green, have the corresponding candle have the same color ?

Thank you in advance,

Mike

Hi Mike, this is the candles version. If candleOnslope = false then the candles are colored according to smi/signal cross.

Hi mrtools,

Is it possible to set an alert to closed bar.