Dynamic Fibonacci Grid, Fx Money Map - page 7

please explain the basic

could you please explain the bais of this indicator

what are the dashed line in the bars

toddanderson:
could you please explain the bais of this indicator what are the dashed line in the bars

It's all in the thread mate, explanation, links, word doc's, vid's.

Mart

I think you'll find that ema will work better. I would use 13, 21,34,55,89,144,233 as well. The only other problem I can see lies with the grid itself and the support / resistance lines. If you attach the ema lines mentioned to any chart you will see the natural ebb and flow of the market. Move from one timeframe to another and there may be disorder in one timeframe but order in another. There are too many lines on the grid. I'm not a programmer so apologies for not being able to recify it. All you need is to match the ema's for each timeframe to the grid so its shows precisely the level for each ema on each column. Then you will have a graphic representation of the dynamic support and resistance over the 4 timeframes. Once they start to show correlation, you are in business.

There was an interesting version with 6 timeframes using cci some time ago. CCI is a bit jagged but there is Jurik to smooth it out with less lag.

I just wish I had the programming skills.

Here's hoping

don,

My intension was to make this indicator as close as possible to the original which I think it is as I posted it. It is a starting point to try to tweak it in all kinds of ways. It may well work better with other settings. I invite anyone to suggest and/or make modifications and to share ideas how to best use this indicator. As for your suggestions, they can be done by tweaking the helper indicator _i_FXGaugeMAs which is very simple.

Doji

Great work on this indicator.

However cable chart, the 1 hour lane is very short and price is often going past it at the moment. Can it be fixed.

Thanks

Mart

Mart,

This is due to the fact that all the S/R levels in H1 are below the current price. You may interpret this as 'clear road ahead'. There may be another yet higher resistance level but I couldn't find its value given the examples from the product's site.

BTW, are you successful in being profitable with this system/indicator?

Doji

I have an idea

PMed you.

Mart

Doji Starr:
Whoever is interested in this method may like to try the attached indicator.

It is more accurate and close to the original. I also atached a gif to show how it looks on the chart.

Doji

Hi

Thanks posting the indicator.

Should it be used on a 1 hour chart? Is anyone using this successfully and can provide some feedback?

cheers

mart-hart:
It's all in the thread mate, explanation, links, word doc's, vid's. Mart

Hi, colleague.

I can not find where to read how to use this indicator (FXGauge). Please, post the link..

post #8

Go to post #8 and read my Word document. Monitor usd/chf, eur/usd, usd/jpy, and especially usd/cad. gpb/usd is very temperamental, so the trading strategy described in the doc is not really suitable for it. Although, I have figured out how to trade it using the grid, but that is a completely different story that involves a bunch of other indicators, so I don't want to go into that...

Reason: