Script to calculate Average Daily Range? - page 7

Attached are 4 graphics to show the output needed.

The day of weekly as per your picture is correct.

PJ

The first move

okfar:
The first move

Good. Date, Hour is there. Missing is the Minutes. Please give picture explanation of the inputs.

thank you.

pj9100:
Thank you for all the nice work you have done. For minor amendments, please try to put version no so that there is no confusion. MP Dailystat-v.201, v. 202, v203. I will let you know my reaction next week .

Okfar,

I find the table format for the daily stat too heavy for eyes. So I attach

pictures to show the format which might be user-friendly .

Daily Stat is for intra-day use so it should not affect eyes as we have to watch it for long time.

I think it is better to make it a separate indicator showing output in a separate window.

I have suggested using corners for the statistics table while daily bar showing open-close, high-low for all pairs.

Picture 1

It shows the layout of the table and the daily candles.

Picture 2

It shows the new arrangement for the table data . Table will be separate and daily bars will be separate and not as shown in the picture side by side.

Improvements to the table

Instead to outputting on the main chart window it can output statistics table with switches for font, space between rows, columns, and even different colors for currency group and switch for selecting Currency groups as well as color for the currency group.

Please combine all currency symbols under four Major groups and provide four switches for selecting them:

USD

EUR

GBP

JPY

Color selection for each group:

Example: I select GBP as the group then all currency with GB like GBJPY. GBNZD, GBCAD, GBSFr , GBEU will be displayed in input column of Symbol.

I would label GBP group as red. Similarly I would label Euro group with another color.

Thank you

PJ

pj9100:
Okfar,

I find the table format for the daily stat too heavy for eyes. So I attach

pictures to show the format which might be user-friendly .

Daily Stat is for intra-day use so it should not affect eyes as we have to watch it for long time.

I think it is better to make it a separate indicator showing output in a separate window.

I have suggested using corners for the statistics table while daily bar showing open-close, high-low for all pairs.

Picture 1

It shows the layout of the table and the daily candles.

Picture 2

It shows the new arrangement for the table data . Table will be separate and daily bars will be separate and not as shown in the picture side by side.

Improvements to the table

Instead to outputting on the main chart window it can output statistics table with switches for font, space between rows, columns, and even different colors for currency group and switch for selecting Currency groups as well as color for the currency group.

Please combine all currency symbols under four Major groups and provide four switches for selecting them:

USD

EUR

GBP

JPY

Color selection for each group:

Example: I select GBP as the group then all currency with GB like GBJPY. GBNZD, GBCAD, GBSFr , GBEU will be displayed in input column of Symbol.

I would label GBP group as red. Similarly I would label Euro group with another color.

Thank you

PJ

Some improvement:

MP MTF pj9100 v0.11.mq4

• fixed daily hi-Lo calculated (num. of bars = shift +1)
  • add daily bar for each currency pair (OpCl, HiLo)
  • change "barSpace" from absolute to relative space (0-1)
  • added "scaleText" option
Files:

okfar:
Some improvement:

MP MTF pj9100 v0.11.mq4

• fixed daily hi-Lo calculated (num. of bars = shift +1)
  • add daily bar for each currency pair (OpCl, HiLo)
  • change "barSpace" from absolute to relative space (0-1)
  • added "scaleText" option

Just wonderful. Your idea of adding bar space and scaling text has enhanced visibility. Thank you very much.

External parameters:

• ISymbols = "EURUSD,USDCHF,EURCHF,GBPUSD,USDCAD,AUDUSD,NZDUSD,GBPCHF,GBPJPY"; //currency pairs, max 10 separated with ','
  • showDailyStat= True; //showDailyStat=True - show daily statistics text in main window, showDailyStat=False - Off
  • changeInPips = True; //changeInPips = True - show change in Pips, =False - show daily change in %
  • statMode=1; //statMode = 0, show changes from current day time 00:00 + timeAdj, statMode = 1 - show changes for last 24hours
  • timeAdj=0; //timeAdj has affect only if "statMode=0"
  • sideDS = 3; //sideDS=0-3, show daily statistics in main window corner: 0-leftupper, 1-rightupper, 2-leftlowwer, 2- rightlowwer
  • barsSpace = 0; //barspace=any number between 0-1, (see picture)
  • showMTStat = True; //showMTStat = True - text data for periods "Tperiods1 - TPeriods6" will be shown, =False - Off (not show data..)
  • showSmallTfText = True; //showSmallTfText=True - text data for periods last week, last monath, last 3 monath, last year, will be shown, =False - Off
  • extern string Tperiod1 = "2000.1.1"; //Tperiod1 = any date in format yyyy.mm.dd

• Tperiod2 = "2005.1.1"; // -||-
  • Tperiod3 = "2007.1.1"; // -||-
  • Tperiod4 = "2008.1.1"; // -||-
  • Tperiod5 = "2009.1.1"; // -||-
  • Tperiod6 = "2009.3.1 00:00"; // -||-, Time has no effect (for calcualtion is used daily bar)
  • histoType = 1; // histoType = 0 or 1
  • fontSize=10; //fontSize = any int nummber, size of fonts for displayed text
  • scaleText=1.0; //scaleText = any nummber - scale for displayed text (include position and font size) displayed font size = fontSize*scaleText
  • fontName = ""; //fontName = any avalible fonts supported on your computer

MP MTF pj9100 v0.12.mq4

barSpace - fixed this function for all Zoom levels of chart

Files:

okfar:
MP MTF pj9100 v0.12.mq4 barSpace - fixed this function for all Zoom levels of chart

Your work with precision and you don't like to keep loose ends. That's your quality of work.

Is there anyway to have switch to choose one/ or two/ or all three/ of bars/dailybars/histogram ?

The indicator has come out better than what I thought of. Thanks.

pj9100:
Your work with precision and you don't like to keep loose ends. That's your quality of work.

Is there anyway to have switch to choose one/ or two/ or all three/ of bars/dailybars/histogram ?

The indicator has come out better than what I thought of. Thanks.

I am not sure if this will be beter.

I am not tested all combination of switches, .....not tested onlive....

MP MTF pj9100 v0.20.

- replace dll function with buil-in function (no need dll)

- remove max. number of selected symbols

- add sets of Symbols with color select and visible switch

- added symbolFontSize and change position of text on chart

- added visible switch for histogram (work with histoType=1)

- added visible switch for daily bars (work with histiType=1)

Files:
Reason: