Pivot System - page 8

Today I entered GBJPY sell for 204.99. Now it is +37 pips.

krall:
Thanks Cucurucu BTW which filters you are using, and what results you have?

TR, ATR(4 different periods), StepMAStoch, CCI+EMA50(of CCI14) and Heikin Ashi. It's a little too complicated but gives good results. See for yourself a statement for one month, with money management with 40% risk/trade.

I will not post this version of the EA here (yet).

Btw, this EA didn't took the short today because of the ATR filters. We'll see what happens. I hope it's right, and the GBPJPY will go up again.

I will modify the EA for you.

Bye.

Files:

It is a little complicated, CCI + EMA 50 is often even faster than EMA and Pivots, but as for me StepMaStoch reacts too late.

this EA didn't took the short today because of the ATR filters. We'll see what happens

It is +63 now

It has just open a short trade

...at 204.32. The ATR changed and all the conditions were met.

The EA reacts a lilltle late because I wanted to avoid as many whipsaws as possible. As you can see, this pair travels hundreds of pips in a swing (for several days, even more than a week), so I don't mind missing the first 50-100 pips avoiding whipsaws.

I use Kv=0.45 for the SepMAStoch and MedianPrice instead of close. This is faster than the default. See for yourself.

Bye. Let's hope this trade is good! I don't want it to go up anymore.

Hi , why indicator pivot is not operating on daily timeframe only 1M.5M,15M,30M,1H,4H

Hi PUSTELNIK

PUSTELNIK:
Hi , why indicator pivot is not operating on daily timeframe only 1M.5M,15M,30M,1H,4H

Yes. It doesn't appear on the Daily chart because it will be to cluttered. Imagine a horizontal line "cutting" the narrow daily bar. It will be very hard to "read".

Why do you need the pivot line to be seen on the daily chart. Pivots are used for intraday analisys. Right?

Bye.

Here is your EA, krall

krall:
I would like to have everything as simple as posiible, order on the cross and reverse, to backtest main idea without filters.

I have cut off all filters. Now it's just acting on the cross.(no heikin ashi, no atr, no stepma, no CCI,...no nothing, just the EMA3Open and the Pivot line). It closes the order when the EMA3 is on the other side of the pivot.

I don't recommend using this EA as it is. Use it only with manual confirmation(or add some filters ).

Please tell me how it works and please come up with improving ideas.

Bye.

Files:

I am greeting daily I am able to intend 2 3 hours and therefore so timeframe thanks

Cucurucu,

Thanks for your modyfied EA, but it seems to work not correctly. Just look at the statement. So many trades: eight times consecutive sell order, instead sell-buy-sell-buy-sell-buy. Can you fix it, please?

Files:

cucurucu:
I have cut off all filters. Now it's just acting on the cross.(no heikin ashi, no atr, no stepma, no CCI,...no nothing, just the EMA3Open and the Pivot line). It closes the order when the EMA3 is on the other side of the pivot.

I don't recommend using this EA as it is. Use it only with manual confirmation(or add some filters ).

Please tell me how it works and please come up with improving ideas.

Bye.

I do not if this thread is dead...anyway can you help me with this msg?

"2006.03.22 10:35:41 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\MT4_PivotEMA_test\experts\indicators\DayOpen.ex4' on the USDJPYm,Daily"

is this indicator necessary to test it? I did not found it in this thread...

Thanks

Reason: