Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 728

LFN:
Sorry, this is all I have (ex4) I dont even remember where I got it from.

As far as I see the one from this post could be it https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175297

LFN:
Sorry, this is all I have (ex4) I dont even remember where I got it from.

And this one can draw classical stochastic and bars as well and is multi time frame already : color_stochastic_v1.02.mq4

Files:

mladen:
And this one can draw classical stochastic and bars as well and is multi time frame already : color_stochastic_v1.02.mq4

Thx mladen.

I found a few differencies in the bars between Color Stochastic v1.02 and StochColorBars. I have the same settings on both. What could cause this? And maybe it is to small differencies that it does not matter?

LFN:
Thx mladen.

I found a few differencies in the bars between Color Stochastic v1.02 and StochColorBars. I have the same settings on both. What could cause this? And maybe it is to small differencies that it does not matter?

As far as I see color stochastic is showing the slope of the stochastic and over bought and oversold zones, while for the other I can not guess exactly what does it do : tried to compare it to signal line too, slope and all, and could not find the logic of it

Hello. Please help do MTF .

Files:
vdi.mq4  4 kb

Lapusya123:
Hello. Please help do MTF .

Hello Lapusya123,

Made it mtf.

Files:
vdi_mtf.mq4  7 kb
vdi_mtf.png  54 kb

Tomcat98:
Hi all, I would like to consider a new approach about MTF indicators. First of all, be humble as probably others have already coded that. Although I haven t been able to locate these considerations in forums. MTF indicators often come on charts with little horizontal segments drawing past periods ( eg 240, 1440, 10080...and so on).Trading at present (now) with tools that show past period is something that I do not know how to do. Some of us know how to do that, but sorry, I do not. However I do know to trade at present (now) with present decision tools even if I need Multi Time Frames to elaborate decisions. So I have built an easy tool to see MTF indics at present, as simple as that. 2 indics copied on the same chart skidding one on the other. A picture is worth. First is a picture of a regular MTF indic (whatever it is). Regular Indic with horizontal segments of the past. Second is a RSI applied to D1TF. RSI Day (nothing special. check value and drawing) Third is a RSI at H1 TF plus MTF indic drawing altogether the to previous ones. Note that MTF draw the 2 RSI indics one on the other .Also note that 1 candle of the blue buffer represent 1 day and one candle of the yellow buffer represent 1H. You will need 24 yellow candles to make the blue buffer shift from one position. Am I clear enough? Two time frames on the same drawing. No need to switch anymore to the other chart to see how it is. I have built it with an RSI indic to make it simple for everybody. You can add 8 buffers (8 time Frames) on the same indic. Play with the codes and post your best MTF indics. Have a good trading week. Tomcat98

Hi Tomcat98,

I've rethought about your way of seeing mtf indicators and I have to say that I like it, it's simple and fun. So I played a little bit with that. I've renamed this way of doing "Simple MTF", as it is a simple way of seeing MTF indicators. Here are the results.

First, I've changed a bit your RSI MTF, added a couple of options : changed the iCustom to iRSI so you don't have to call RSI_D1 or RSI_H1 anymore ; added one more buffer to show 3 TF, with the option to show or hide each TF ; RSIPeriod and RSIPrice can be chosen for each TF ; lines can be shifted (to see the lines better if needed) ; and the CountBars can be different for each TF, so you can only show the last X bars of higher TF (the window is cleaner like that).

Then I thought this way of showing MTF can give a simple quick view of the direction of price trend on each timeframe, so I made a "Simple MTF MA". The problem with the MAs is that the scale is not the same for each TF, so the lower TF is "crushed" by the higher ones (see 1st subwindow on screenshot). This problem could be overcome by setting the CountBars on a lower value for the higher TF, so you just see the line for the last X bars. I also added an option to show/hide the price close (see 3rd subwindow). All settings for the MAs can be chosen.

I made also a "Simple MTF Lwma Slope". It is calling the Lwma slope attached. Here, the "crushing" problem (see 3rd subwindow) could be overcome by multiplying the values (which could hardly be done with the MAs), so I added this option (2nd subwindow). The result is pretty good. See next post for the indicator.

Not sure these stuff will serve for something, but anyway, I found that interesting. Tell me what you think about these tests. Btw, you should start a thread about the subject if you want to push it further, I'll be glad to participate. Regards.

Next files. Simple MTF Lwma Slope.

Added also a SMTF Stochastic, and that's it .

Can someone make this into MTF

Thanks

Files:

rkhan1:
Can someone make this into MTF Thanks

Try out the one from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page259

Reason: