Better Bollinger Bands... - page 16

mladen:
jbozman This one should be the correct one : better_bollinger_bands_mtfalerts_nmc_jl_1.mq4

Yes, works fine. Thanks a bunch.

Can someone tell me what the difference in code does with how these two mtf bollinger bands function. I know one has a midline, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'd like to know what advantage one has over the other from a coding standpoint...if one is more accurate as an mtf because the code keeps things more accurate/consistent between various timeframes. That sort of thing.

I find it very interesting there are multiple ways, often, to code to produce the same function...I'm not using the word function from a coding standpoint. Just how and what it does.

Thanks,

jbozman

mrtools:
Hi Santis, updated it to work on new mt4 builds.

Dear mrtool,

could you share indicator i marking? looking good

thank you very much

Files:

jbozman:
Can someone tell me what the difference in code does with how these two mtf bollinger bands function. I know one has a midline, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'd like to know what advantage one has over the other from a coding standpoint...if one is more accurate as an mtf because the code keeps things more accurate/consistent between various timeframes. That sort of thing.

I find it very interesting there are multiple ways, often, to code to produce the same function...I'm not using the word function from a coding standpoint. Just how and what it does.

Thanks,

jbozman

I realized this might not be the place for this question or comparison. But could I get a really quick answer to the following?

What was the intent in recoding the original bollinger bands to create the better bollinger bands version? Was it to represent price better, and not have the bands deviate as much in the actual deviations set in the indicator?

Thanks,

jbozman

thegatan:
Dear mrtool,

could you share indicator i marking? looking good

thank you very much

thegatan

That is this indicator : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175881/page3

jbozman:
I realized this might not be the place for this question or comparison. But could I get a really quick answer to the following?

What was the intent in recoding the original bollinger bands to create the better bollinger bands version? Was it to represent price better, and not have the bands deviate as much in the actual deviations set in the indicator?

Thanks,

jbozman

jbozman

Originally the " Better Bollinger Bands" article by Dennis McNicholl describing what is done and why was from the October 1998 issue of futures (here : Better Bollinger Bands - Futures (Cedar Falls, IA) | HighBeam Research ). Check that article out. It will probably help

mladen:
jbozman Originally the " Better Bollinger Bands" article by Dennis McNicholl describing what is done and why was from the October 1998 issue of futures (here : Better Bollinger Bands - Futures (Cedar Falls, IA) | HighBeam Research ). Check that article out. It will probably help

Hey mladen, would you happen to have a pdf of that article? They want me to register...which is no big deal if it was just a simple form...but they want all sorts of information...phone, street, zip, etc., marital status, education level... I know I could just put in a bunch of bogus info, but I'm not sure how many questions they are going to ask. It's pretty lengthy just for a free trial.

jbozman

jbozman:
Hey mladen, would you happen to have a pdf of that article? They want me to register...which is no big deal if it was just a simple form...but they want all sorts of information...phone, street, zip, etc., marital status, education level... I know I could just put in a bunch of bogus info, but I'm not sure how many questions they are going to ask. It's pretty lengthy just for a free trial. jbozman

jbozman

I can not post it (copyright rights infraction clause)

A kind of a bollinger bands too sd_channels.mq4

Files:

dear friend,

thank you very much for your help

mladen:
thegatan That is this indicator : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175881/page3
Reason: