How do i use the inputs for the ZigZag Indicator? - page 5

yaniv_av:
Hi all !

How can I retrieve (by code) the price for some point of the zigzag indicator ?

Suppose I want to know what is the price for the "corners" of the zigzag in that picture?

Thanks!

can someone create a zigzag indicator in excel format and able to adjust timeframe and its input, thanks

ZigZag Indicator: How to print price exactly when the new line forms?

Hi,

I manually trade very profitably with the ZigZag Indicator.

I want to build an EA to trade for me.

To build this EA, I need to know the direction of the new line, and the exact price at when it first forms.

YES, I know this price will retrace and I want it to repaint (the line get longer).

The EA I will build will open a LIMIT order when the "new line price" is known, and it will take profits from the repainted line's value.

So, can anyone help me with the code that will alert me in some way (on chart is fine) the Bid or Ask price of when the new line FIRST forms.

Zing Zag Indicator with alert

Hi,

I am looking for Zing Zag Indicator with alert when new high / new low is equal to previous.

ZigZag Explained...

I did a lot of work on ZigZag and understanding it and correcting it.

This post tells about it:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172952/page30

If you want to get the best use of ZigZag, read the thread I refer to there, to understand ZigZag.

Some of it maybe you don't need, but there are Inputs explanations, recommended settings, and a corrected version available.

Big Be

I am looking for a zigzag indicator that will accept 3 different parameters.

kacharya:
I am looking for a zigzag indicator that will accept 3 different parameters.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Usefull links/threads/tools

Sergey Golubev, 2012.08.24 19:22

Everything about zigzag

1. Zigzag indicators thread
  2. GoldWarrior EA (Zigzag Trading System) thread
  3. ZigZag Channels thread
  4. Channel trading system with zigzag - the thread
  5. Follow The Bouncing Pip: trading system with zigzag indicators and good EAs (for example - bouncingPipEA_BigBear EA and bouncingPipEA_mPower EA).
  6. Zigzag Scalping system thread
  7. Harmonic Trading thread with ZUP indicators 
  8. 3_Level_ZZ_Semafor (indicator and trading system) - the thread 
  9. The power of ZigZag (part I). Developing the base class of the indicator - the article

============

.. and look at the CodeBase (this link as a search result) for more advanced versions.

The power of the zig zag indicator is in its ability to cut through. The zig zag can be used in a range of different scenarios.  As a trading pattern, the preferred way to trade the evening star is when it appears in the bullish.
Reason: