Ema Cross! - page 11

Maybe it is just me, but i have alot of ideas for this type of EMA. Is it possible to add in a timeframe stamp so it only takes trades at certain times (GMT). This would be handy for a 5 min during announcement times...then it would take a trade and limit out before most even enter trades (thus when the smart money is in the market), then when it is retracing or reversing it would grab pips on the down move as well. This would work well for US and Eur/London opens.

Graham

Hi ,Codersguru ,Why the ema cross indi the arrow upside down .

For the arrows being reversed, just swap the 2 arrow numbers in the code, then problem is solved. Compile afterward for it to take effect on all charts the indicator is applied to

Graham

CodersGuru,

Firstly, thanks for a great work. I think we have taken a full circle and come back to one of the best systems of TA. As some of you maybe be knowing that Ed Seykota, made over 15million $ for some of his clients with 5k account using this simple crossover method and very good MM incorporated into his system.

The success of making his millions had very less to do with the system itself and more to do with MM.

I have been running the various versions of the EA and getting good results.

I am not too familiar with the intricasies of the EA and how good the results are.

However if you have a good enuff system which delivers 1:2 win/loss ratio over 70% of the time and the drawdowns are reasonable, there is no reason why you cannot make tons of money with this.

If you can incorporate using 10% of your account for everytrade, can we get the EA results? I would be very much interested in seeing the results.

I have posted the MM formula in one of my earlier posts, and codersguru has posted the script for it. Please tell me how to incorporate the MM into the EA.

Thanks, I will post my EA results in the next post with MM.

Time Management system

gkozlyk:
Maybe it is just me, but i have alot of ideas for this type of EMA. Is it possible to add in a timeframe stamp so it only takes trades at certain times (GMT). This would be handy for a 5 min during announcement times...then it would take a trade and limit out before most even enter trades (thus when the smart money is in the market), then when it is retracing or reversing it would grab pips on the down move as well. This would work well for US and Eur/London opens. Graham

Graham,

Thank you for your great ideas and your efforts to make the EMA CROSS EA more useful.

I'll consider the Time Management system in the coming versions.

My pleasure codersguru to help you guys. Enclosed is a modified script from your post yesterday. What i have done is the following:

1. Changed the variables for 5 min charts. Ran this on the Gbp/Usd, Usd/Chf, Usd/Jpy, Eur/Usd and some others with good accuracy. In the code after the // i left the original values

2. Added in a boolean switch for the option if you want to go pro or counter trend if it isn't at a cross. False is pro-trend as in if the fast moving EMA is above the slow, it takes a buy right away. A True does a sell.

3. I went through and changed references to the fast and slow ema so that the fast is first (it was easier for me to debug that way as the fast ema is more active and the one that crosses).

4. Made sure that a fast EMA cross above did a buy (as an old version i had would do a sell, which didn't make sense to me).

I did some backtesting in Metatrader which made this not look to good, however given problems backtesting in metatrader, decided to do forward testing and try different things.

Here are some ideas for future versions:

1. Enabling a 5 min chart to take trades only before peak times.

2. Possibly having seperate variable settings in the script for different charts (the gbp/jpy moves alot more than the eur/usd, thus needing higher stoploss/limit, etc. Both 1 and 2 here can be found in Hans123, which i plan on working on here soon.

3. Some of the ideas i have already suggested in previous posts.

Let me know what you think and what I/we can put into into it. Also if anyone has Instant Messanging, maybe for coding we can work faster than via a forum. i use primarily googletalk or msn

Graham

Files:

Here is yet another modification of the code from yesterday. What i did is took my last mod to the next level.

1. Incorporated a generated magicnumber for each pair and timeframe so as to keep track of trades but have them unique from each other.

2. Setup a preset so that for certain pairs, you can preset individual variable settings for a specific pair/timeframe. I wanted to put this in as if you turn on the EA and forgot to make a frequent change (as most pairs have a unique sweetspot for each timeframe), it is already there. Pairs not having a preset will use the external defaults.

3. In the preset area, you can even select what type of trade to do between crosses, a pro-trend or counter-trend, specifically for that cross. This seems abit more advance as one needs to know when to use that or not. The default and pairs are set for true (countertrend).

Note: the presets are more/less random at this point. I haven't used / tested this enough on 5 minutes to have ideals to use.

Comments?

Graham

Files:

Reverse direction

Audio:
Hi ,Codersguru ,Why the ema cross indi the arrow upside down .

That's because we are taking the reverse direction!

nowonder some said it cant be done!

Reason: