Ema Cross! - page 9

codersguru:
Thank you for your comment! I'm waiting too the forward results for the new version of the EA.

The best timeframe is the Dailytimeframe.

The best currency pair EURUSD (I admire this pair ).

Now i know this is a question that i asked a few posts ago, but say with the EurUsd, if we find it works good on the 1 day but also the 5min or 1 hour chart, could we have say 3 charts of this EA running, and processing their own trades independantly in the same trade station? The reason being, the daily chart shows trends alot better, but with the Eur/usd having only a 2 pip spread, on a shorter timeframe we might be able to catch abit more of the action while longterm the daily is still in a longer term trade.

Also is there work-arounds for the inherent spaces in the backtesting in MetaTrader4? I will say test this EA on a pair and voila, 6 months are missing, then all of a sudden a tremendous loss due to missed movement in those 6 months. I have noticed these holes in posted results in this and other threads as well. I guess this is where forward testing is key.

I ran some tests on the last EMACross mq4 on the eurusd 1day chart. The best settings i got in backtesting is the 110 take profit with a 48-50 trailing stop (which makes sense as the daily will have more back and forth swing than a shorter term chart per candle).

In looking at the code, is there a reason the "Close Order" sections are disabled? Is the thought that the order will stopout or limit before the next trade kicks in? Was there a reason to disable it, or could it be enabled if we wanted to use this trader on a shorter term chart?

Graham

quick answers

gkozlyk:
Now i know this is a question that i asked a few posts ago, but say with the EurUsd, if we find it works good on the 1 day but also the 5min or 1 hour chart, could we have say 3 charts of this EA running, and processing their own trades independantly in the same trade station? The reason being, the daily chart shows trends alot better, but with the Eur/usd having only a 2 pip spread, on a shorter timeframe we might be able to catch abit more of the action while longterm the daily is still in a longer term trade.

In code this is certainly possible - as you can differentiate all your trades based on magicnum.

gkozlyk:

Also is there work-arounds for the inherent spaces in the backtesting in MetaTrader4?

see

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173507

Cheers

Anyone have a copy of that period_convertor.mq4 EA kicking around. Followed links and sublinks and yielded negligable results. Thanx for the ideas though. Looking into the above as we speak.

Graham

Nevermind, i found the period converter cleverly hidden in Metatrader in the scripts .

I ran the instructions precisely from the links enclosed and i still get the same problem. The backtesting works however misses 5 month hunks here and there. The backtesting is still profitable but it would be nice for greater accuracy. I guess that's where forward testing comes in.

try EURUSD 2005/05/01 M30

Files:
05_01_m30.gif  6 kb

Forward testing

Hi folks,

Anybody has been tested the new version of EMA CROSS in forward mode ?

codersguru:
Hi folks, Anybody has been tested the new version of EMA CROSS in forward mode ?

I have the new version running on a demo with daily charts. No trades yet since there hasn't been any crosses since I started it.

:)

Eric:
I have the new version running on a demo with daily charts. No trades yet since there hasn't been any crosses since I started it.

where is the new version download? Thanks!

Immediate trades

Eric:

That's why I prefer immediate trades, what do you think Eric?

@hugo: Latest version is at post #64.

@codersguru: I think I agree with you. I think immediate trades would work fine with type of EA.

Reason: