Ema Cross! - page 10

choose immediate trades!

Eric:
I think I agree with you. I think immediate trades would work fine with type of EA.

What do you think about given the option to the user to choose immediate trades = True or False ?

codersguru:
What do you think about given the option to the user to choose immediate trades = True or False ?

Good idea!

DEAR CODER'S GURU WOULD YOU SEE THE LINK.I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP

POST #8

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173349

Problem with backtesting in Post #64?

Hi,

I've seen the Strategy Tester Report posted by CodersGuru in post #64 and it seems to me that there is a problem. Please look at the trades made on 2001.08.28 - there are almost 100 trades that day. If you look at 2002.09.25, you can see that there are over 200 trades that day. Can this be true?

(That Strategy Tester Report is for last version of EMACROSS, that uses EMA1 & EMA13.)

Regards.

Problem

I get the same kind of thing - somedays there are multiple transactions in a short period. I can also never get my modelling quality higher then about 20% How people get the 64% and higher is amazing - they must have 1min data going back to 2001. I downloaded data from alpari, but it only goes to June 2004 - daily data much further.

Another thing with this ea is that if you test it at a shorter time span, ie 1 year it doesn't look that good.

To overcome the repeat trades maybe we could just test whether the previous bar had a cross on the sema and the lema - and if so place a buy or sell stop in the proper direction - using the same SL, TP etc.

What are the two best MAs we can use?

1/13

5/13

50/200

0/0

I asking that because I'm so confused with all the couples of recommended two MAs pairs.

Personally i like the 10 and 80 EMA, but doing regular trading, not the reverse trades the EA is setup for. Regular trading being if the Fast EMA crosses above the Slow EMA, then you do a buy instead of a sell. On the 1 hour charts i find for most pairs it would be profitable, even if you only had a limit of 20. On FXDD with the majors having pip spreads of 2 or 3, it would be easy even on a 5 minute chart to set your limit for 10 pips and score using classic trading instead of the reverse.

I think a cool piece of code to throw into this EA is the following...

Instead of holding your full lot for the whole time until either the Take Profit kicks in or a stoploss, what if you can incrementally cash out on your trade as it keeps going into profits.

Example:

110 pip take profit.

50% cashed out at +30

40% cashed out at +75

10% cashed out at either the stoploss or some rediculous limit (like 300)

This way all your eggs don't ride all the way back to the stoploss, plus as your trades get cashed out one way, one could even script in a counter trade going the other way (in accordance with the dealer trading article the other day).

Graham

codersguru:
Hi folks, Anybody has been tested the new version of EMA CROSS in forward mode ?

Yes, I have been forward testing the new version.... but it's still dont open any trade yet....

immediate_trade

Hi there!

I'm not a patient to wait the time of the crossing, so I decided to add an option for the users to enter the market immediately.

If you want to ride the cross from the start turn the option immediate_trade to false.

Files:

It would be nice to have a piece of code in the indicator so that it makes an audible alarm and even a popup window to let you know a cross has happened on one of your charts (if you want to do manual trading).

I have seen the piece of code in the indicator to give an alert, but i have yet to see one happen after dozens of crosses on shorter time charts.

I also think a magic number hidden variable would be a good thing to put in as well, in case you want to run the trader on different timeframes, you can select a magic number to help keep track of them.

Thanx,

Graham

Reason: