Ema Cross! - page 6

ema cross

This is a good thread and I don't want to muck it up. I am going to start a new thread today called lsma cross. thanks for all input.

Mark

Thanks

DMCST:
This is a good thread and I don't want to muck it up. I am going to start a new thread today called lsma cross. thanks for all input. Mark

Thank you Mark

Ema Cross Indicator

Hi folks,

I've created an indicator to help you to see what happens with the EMA CROSS expert advisor.

Just attach the indicator to the chart and tell me what do you think?

Inputs:

ShortEma:Set the Short EMA value to the same value of the expert, default and recommended value = 10.

LongEma:= Set the Long EMA value to the same value of the expert, default and recommended value = 80.

UpCross:Set the color of the arrow in the case of short ema crossing long ema upward, default = Gold.

DownCross:= Set the color of the arrow in the case of short ema crossing long ema downward, default = DarkGreen.

ArrowCode:Set the the arrow code (the image of the arrow) in the case of short ema crossing long ema , default = 34(scissors).

Alert_On: = Set this value to true if you want to get alert in the case of crossing, default = true.

Files:

THX Codersguru , this indicator gives an obvious visualization

Hi, Codersguru

This expert advisor doesn't work. I try to attach it to my chart but fail. Next I want to know whether there is a need for me to attach 80EMA and 20 EMA on my chart myself or just attach EMA_Cross is ok

Thanks

codersguru:
Hi folks,

I've created an indicator to help you to see what happens with the EMA CROSS expert advisor.

Just attach the indicator to the chart and tell me what do you think?

Inputs:

ShortEma:Set the Short EMA value to the same value of the expert, default and recommended value = 10.

LongEma:= Set the Long EMA value to the same value of the expert, default and recommended value = 80.

UpCross:Set the color of the arrow in the case of short ema crossing long ema upward, default = Gold.

DownCross:= Set the color of the arrow in the case of short ema crossing long ema downward, default = DarkGreen.

ArrowCode:Set the the arrow code (the image of the arrow) in the case of short ema crossing long ema , default = 34(scissors).

Alert_On: = Set this value to true if you want to get alert in the case of crossing, default = true.

hello Race,

It is not a EA but a indicator, read again the last post from codersguru

I've created an indicatorto help you to see what happens with the EMA CROSS expert advisor.

Just attach the indicatorto the chart and tell me what do you think?

codersguru:
Hi folks,

Thank you all for your shares.

This is the version 2 of EMA CROSS.

2 things have been added to this version:

1- You can use StopLoss if you want by enabling UseStopLossto trueand set StopLossvalue.

(I don't recommend StopLoss usage with EMA CROSS).

2- Multi currencies trade ability has been add, just attach the EA to any chart you want to trade.

(I guarantee its results with EURUSD, I didn't it yet with the others pairs).

,where have you been for so long? VIVA CODERSGURU !

Hey Codersguru,

Just catching up on your new thread. This looks interesting. I'm hoping to help with some forward testing, so here is my first suggestiong. When attaching the EA to a new chart, it might be a good idea to put in a safe guard to not enter immediately into a trade. Just in case we attach the EA on the end of a move, we don't want to immediately be negative pips. Hope this helps.

Mookfx

BrunoFX:
thank you Codersguru for this nouovelle version First impressions: I attached the EA on 4 different diagrams and it opened 3 different positions (one per pair) almost immediately

mookfx:
Hey Codersguru,

Just catching up on your new thread. This looks interesting. I'm hoping to help with some forward testing, so here is my first suggestiong. When attaching the EA to a new chart, it might be a good idea to put in a safe guard to not enter immediately into a trade. Just in case we attach the EA on the end of a move, we don't want to immediately be negative pips. Hope this helps.

Mookfx

Mookfx,

That will be great, but you will wait for days to see a trade.

Files:
chart.gif  10 kb

I'm afraid I just don't see what the rest of you seem to - backtesting (90% quality) on the 4 main pairs leaves zilch in your account. Also, has anyone examined the actual trades taken? Long sequences of either Buys or Sells, very little of both as you'd expect from an MA cross system. This I believe is because both closes and trades are taken on a MA cross but only one or the other is executed during any single entry - this will produce lots of trades of the same direction. Finally, there is no 'entry filter' - as it stands, the EA would be executed every tick which would result in loads of orders being sent as the MA cross approached - certainly not tradable as it stands.

Reason: