Volatility Expansion system! - page 15

a great system

this is a great system, I have tried it for a couples day.

why not to make this thread alive so we can improve the strategy or EA to be more profitable...??

so.. no one here still using this system or EA ??

Moved to elite section

They have moved this EA to the elite section. I guess they figured it may be worth improving, so they need to hide it from those of us who are not members of the elite section.

Pipresponse:
They have moved this EA to the elite section. I guess they figured it may be worth improving, so they need to hide it from those of us who are not members of the elite section.

to bad...

A wish for a breakout EA That....

Hi,

I've been hunting for a breakout EA that would allow us to experiment. This is what I'd like it to do (simply)

Breakout is of previous bar and I'd like to work mostly on percentages.

The percentages would be the variables.... and would be as follows

V1 = Number of Bars to count back to establish the average range of bars.

V2 = the percentage of the range that would dictate how far to place the buy or sell from the high or low.

V3 = the take profit as a percentage of the average range in pips

V4 = the Stop Loss of the trade as a percentage of range.

V5 = the position size (in micro lots) as a percentage of account balance.

That is all.

Does something like this exist? If not, would some genius here be able to whip this up with a relative amount of ease?

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Ok, did a mod put me here, will this 'ea' do what I want it to do? It's a bit hard to assess without forking for a elite subscription. If I know it will do it, then I'd be happy to pay up.

Stubish, you could probably modify the simplebreakout ea to do what you want, and if not, it shouldn't be hard to find a breakout ea you can tailor to your specification. This forum is very well moderated, and probably a mention for you to read the thread to see if it may help.

has anyone tested on DJIA?

I know you guys are mostly interested in currencies. I want to try this on the Dow, I have done so manually over a small sample (3 months) but since I discovered this site, I downloaded meta trader, used your EA, to good effect on currencies, but for some reason when I test it on WS30 it takes no trades. Is this something to do with the code or is it my data??

Any one who has successfully tried this on the dow or s&p what results are you getting?

Thanks

Basic Break Out EA Capable of Making Alot Of Money

HI

Last year I got an EA made based on the following strategy.

I thought that with certain currencies if the pair moves up or down in a small amount of time it will continue to more in that direction for bit longer.

For example if the GBP/JPY moves up 25 pips in 10 seconds it may continue to move up. Therefore buying at that point would be a good idea. I turned this idea into an EA the inputs are:

Pip Move (ie. 50 pips)

Seconds (ie 15 seconds)

TP

SL

Trailing Stop

Anyone with experience could you have a look. Seems to work best with GBP/JPY, USD/JPY and USD/SGD with a 10 pip move in 5 seconds with a 50 pips trailing stop.

Tell me what you guys think.

Files:

Thanx you mate.

2:1 tp

Hello,

This is my first post here, but after reading this thread, I did a manual (eyeball) backtest on the Eur/Usd from Dec07 to now.

I used the same 70% & 50% for entries and SL and used a 2:1 TP.

Here's what I got:

Total Trades: 186

Wins: 81 (43%)

Losses: 105 (57%)

With a 2:1 reward/risk this is a pleasing result.

Eg, using 1% risk per trade:

(81 x 2%) - (105 x 1%) = 57% profit for that period.

This system looks simple and effective!...

Reason: