Volatility Expansion system! - page 11

mikejody:
Thank you. I trade this system manually, just using the indicator itself. I open all trades at 5:00 PM ET and close at 4:59 PM the next day. I use this on 10 currencies (all the low spread ones) and have been profitable trading it live for the past 2 weeks. Can you tell me if the EA uses the same parameters of the 70/50 of the previous day?

I am testing with 4 majors. Settings are different for different pairs. This EA is not trading often. It is placing two stop orders (buy stop and sell stop) in midnight (00:00 or 01:00 am). If breakout so some order may be opened from one pending one (one pending order is executed and the other one is deleted). Profitable orders will be closed in midnight as well before pending orders is placing. No any trailing stop.

This EA is not trading in flat market and in ranging market sometimes because the distance between buy stop and sell stop orders are very high. It means that buy stop order is placing above the price and sell stop order is placing below the price. And the distance between them are high.

This EA should be profitable in long way run.

There are completely other version coded by Igorad (based on the other system) and that EA is trading more often (1 or 2 orders per day from all 4 major pairs).

This EA uses the original Money Management by L.Williams.

For more info read please his book.

Hello i cant backtest this SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert_v1.2.mq4 and there is no window if i click on Expert properities

and with DailyRangeBreakExpert.mq4 i dont get any trades in backtest.

igorad:
Hi,

I have developed new version of VoltyBreakout Expert with TimeZone option.

This parameter can be optimized.

Looks very interesting.

Igor

You need Tracert.mqh file to be in /include folder.

Files:
tracert.zip  2 kb

it works still not

2006.12.09 19:18:56 Cannot open file 'C:\Programme\MetaTrader - North Finance\experts\SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert_v1[1].2.ex4' on the ,

and

Daily Volatility Breakout from Keris2112 dont open any trade in Backtest.

Another great system to forward test for me....

sentaco:
it works still not

2006.12.09 19:18:56 Cannot open file 'C:\Programme\MetaTrader - North Finance\experts\SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert_v1[1].2.ex4' on the ,

and

Daily Volatility Breakout from Keris2112 dont open any trade in Backtest.

This EA is not using any indicator and I am forward testing this SBS EA during the many months already. There is thread in elite section where people are trying to find a way to set TimeZone correctly and so on. This public thread is very good as well.

Thus, I want to say that this EA is working and compiling well.

Probable you did not compile this EA in MetaEditor. Or did not place Tracert.mqh file to be in /include folder and (probable) in library folder. Besides this EA is using stdlib.mqh file but i think that everybody is having it by default in Metatrader.

I did everything right but not work

Can you please post this EA's and your set files for both versions. Thank you

sentaco:
I did everything right but not work Can you please post this EA's and your set files for both versions. Thank you

I looked at this thread once again:

1. first version of SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert (SBS EA) is on post #48 of this thread.

2. second version of this SBS EA is on post #86 of this thread.

3. all the settings were posted on post #91, post #92 ans post #93.

EA which I am testing in elite section is almost the same with EA from the post #86.

Everything was posted already.

Read this thread from the beginning.

This EA is not trading often: it places stop orders in GMT midnight (buy stop and sell stop orders). Besides now market is not open yet. You may expect this stop orders tomorrow or the day after tomorrow only.

Attached is the compiled file for those who have problems getting it to work....

Reason: