Price Patterns(Gartley,Butterfly,Bat,...) - page 34

help

hello,this is my first post. After browsing the front end of this thread going into 2007, WRR created a Zup indicator for gartley patterns. without having to read every page can someone direct me to the one everyone is using as of now? Whatever the version, as long as it works and shows the patterns. As well can someone perhaps tell me how to load it into MT4? Any help would be appreciated.

neal

nealpek:
hello,this is my first post. After browsing the front end of this thread going into 2007, WRR created a Zup indicator for gartley patterns. without having to read every page can someone direct me to the one everyone is using as of now? Whatever the version, as long as it works and shows the patterns. As well can someone perhaps tell me how to load it into MT4? Any help would be appreciated. neal

Hi Neal, I assume you are referring to the wrr_zup_info indicator, it is available at https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173439/page17. Keep in mind that this indicator does not display the actual pattern, it simply adds additional information to the pattern identified by ZUP, and it has pattern alerts. You will also need a ZUP indicator, they can be found here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588.

Personally, I use zup 82 along with WRR_ZUP_INFO for emailing out alerts.

Hope this helps.

forexadey:
Hi kor4x

I have downloaded your indicator and am testing it at the moment against the KUP v82 and Search_Pattern_v6.

I like you indicator but it seems to find less patterns compared to the other two. I am using the smaller of the minswing files but when comparing your indicator against the standard Zig Zag indicator the swings are I feel still wide.

I think that that there would be an improvement if the search swing was reduced maybe to match the standard zig zig indicator.

I am going to try and have a play around but would be interested in your thoughts.

Adey

Hi forexadey,

Some comments that may help to clarify your doubts:

1. Indi looks for book suggested relationships.

2. You may use delta parameter to define the calculation precision you like: dextMaxDeviation parameter. By default set to 10%=0.1, but even this can be too high from what i am hearing from years experienced harmonic traders.

3. See bextCheckMultiZigzags, dextHL_MultiZZMinSwingRange and iextHL_MultiZZMinSwingNum in the documentation. This is multizigzag functionality that allows you to scan the chart not only with exact swing (as defined in txt), but also ones in the defined range.

Feel free to ask for details and let me know your comments when you finish your tests,

Cheers,

kor4x

Great indicator, but the swings are set too high and it appears to be missing some patterns even w/ 10% tolerance (as compared to ZUP).

Also, I keep seeing MaxBars errors popup:

ERROR in ZigZag generation:XXXYYY:M30:Not enough MaxBars specified to calculate ZigZag with 7 points (iextMaxZZPointsUsed). Increase MaxBars.

My MaxBars in MT4 is set to max 250K and error still pops up. Thanks.

discohero:
Also, I keep seeing MaxBars errors popup:

ERROR in ZigZag generation:XXXYYY:M30:Not enough MaxBars specified to calculate ZigZag with 7 points (iextMaxZZPointsUsed). Increase MaxBars.

My MaxBars in MT4 is set to max 250K and error still pops up. Thanks.

It looks like you have a 5 digit broker. If so, set the correct digits against each pair (add 1) in korHarmonics_MinSwingDefaults.txt

1. No need to change the digits in the txt for 5 digits brokers. All is recalculated automatically.

2. I am also getting the error you mention "Not enough MaxBars specified to calculate ZigZag with 7 points". This happens to me when MT4 is missing some data and has to download. Anyway, i will check it, as number of people reported same problem. Thanks.

kor4x

kor4x:
1. No need to change the digits in the txt for 5 digits brokers. All is recalculated automatically.

Hi Kor4x,

I changed the digits in korHarmonics_MinSwingDefaults.txt a while back and it fixed the problem for me. Are you saying this is wrong? As an example, here is what I get on USDJPY

Default setting "USDJPY;2;20;40;70;130;200;350;650;1200;2500". I get the error.

Increasing the digits by 1 (as I have a 5 digit broker) to "USDJPY;3;20;40;70;130;200;350;650;1200;2500". It seems OK.

Have I inadvertently messed up the pattern recognition?

Files:
kor-error.gif  51 kb
kor-ok.gif  23 kb

@retsel

Do not change the digits. It's OK, it recalculates automatically for 5 digits platforms.

Instead:

1. change the defaults: from "USDJPY;2;20;40;70;130;200;350;650;1200;2500".

to smaller values (try half maybe). The default values seem to be too high.

2. You can also change the iextMaxBars to higher value to avaid the error, if you still want to stay with the same swing size.

Depends a bit what you want to achieve.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know, i will decrease the values in the next release.

I am not using USDJPY and the defaults seem to be too high.

kor4x

@retsel

Just tried ...for USDJPY when changed for H1 from 200 to 150 looks much better.

Play with the settings according your needs.

kor4x

Reason: