ADX indicator? - page 4

Help with an Indicator

I've seen a few indicators, one in particular, that shows whether various indicators at different time frames are showing buy or sell signals, usually by a green or red box. Now I don't know what these indicators are called or how they are done but I would like to know. What I would like to do is have an indicator show whether the ADX is showing buy/sell signals on 1H, 30M and 15M charts. Ideally it would draw one green square when +DI>-DI for the 1H then two squares under that for the 30M signals and then 4 squares below that for the 15M signals. Something a little like this (sorry for the dodgy paint image)

Files:
mtf_adx.gif  2 kb

(ASK) ADX period for 1 Hour

I know that the adx is to determine trend strong or weak, and what is the best period for ADX at 1 H TF, and what value that indicates or start the strong trend? Thx

ADX modified EA

Hello all,

I tried searching for this but failed to find anything like this, I have no coding knowledge either. Can someone please help me here, I would like to have an EA based only on ADX as follow:

Buy signal if -DI > value and +DI < value

Sell signal if -DI value

where all values are changeable

also TP, SL, Lot, trailing stop, time frame are all changeable.

very simple however very effective too strategy that I have been using for awhile.

I would appreciate guidance and advice where to find such EA, if someone can spare some time and does this then I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and comment

ASA

Another way is to just measure the gap between D- and D+ before entering. I am testing this ea, but so far a bit flaky at best.

Dave

no one can help me to make this EA?

Please help me...

I need help to make a simple EA that is based on these...

An EA that will open a trade (BUY/SELL) in M15 timeframe when :

- ADX rises between level 20 & 40

- and the price is minimum 5 pips away from the nearest support level (for BUY) / the nearest resistance level (for SELL)

- and the price is minimum 20 pips away from the nearest resistance level (for BUY) / the nearest support level (for SELL)

I mean just like this :

h*ttp://i48.tinypic.com/23qyxdu.gif

Here are the attachement files :

- Pivot Multitimeframe

h*ttp://ww*w.4shared.com/file/FtX-z8Qb/Pivot_Points_Multitimeframe.html

- ADX (value 14, level 20 and 40)

ling2ari:
no one can help me to make this EA?

But your request doesn't make sense as well .. or maybe i am having difficulty understanding this.. your chart is not clear where you entered/exit plus calculating all those s/r in multi-time frame how would it help?

My basic trading system is simple...

I place 4 & 9 SMA to the chart, then when 4 SMA crosses 9 SMA WITH :

- price is minimal 5 pips away from the nearest Support level (for BUY condition) / from the nearest Resistance level (for SELL condition)

- price is minimal 20 pips away from the nearest Resistance level (for BUY condition) / from the nearest Support level (for SELL condition)

- and ADX must be RISE above 20 but below 40

That is what I do in my manual trading, so I want to make an automatic EA than can handle this system. Please, I need it.

chrisbenjy:
Sorry to sound mean, but I learned to code MQL in 4 days so I could build my own EA, and thats what you should do. If we make you one, then what happens if you need another one when you discover you no longer like that EA? It really isn't a complicated language to learn.

Whereas, if you learn to code then whenever you need a new EA you can create one. Therefore learning to code yourself is more beneficial than getting an EA made for you.

Moreover, you haven't told us whether the strategy is profitable or not. We might spend several hours making you an EA, then you spend 2 minutes doing a back test, find out it's not profitable and then never use it again.

To be honest, I would not really mind making you the EA, if you had more posts and your first post wasn't begging someone to make you an EA. The fact that I am writing a whole essay demonstrates how selfish and ignorant your first post was. In my opinion, you will never visit the forum again once you get what you want, so become an active user and people may take you more seriously.

P.S. You say how you use this strategy in your manual trading. If you want me or anyone else to help you then I would suggest posting a statement up here.

Chris

I am sorry that I am newbie here...ok, this is my test of this simple trading system so then I want eagerly to make this system to be an EA...sorry to arrange it on gif format as tinyurl not allowed another file format to be uploaded.

[spoiler="Trading test result"]

[/spoiler]

I am not computer based person so I don't have any skill (even less) in mq4, i just prefer to test and test trading system...but if no one can help me, it is ok...:)

Wilder's DMI

Can anyone please help make this into a histogram. When it cross, it should be one colour and when it cross back it should be another colour.

Have attached a pic.

Thanks

Reason: