Discussion - page 149

All the statements/performance, excel files and leaders' threads were updated. Please read this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173403/page43 and this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174416

(note: next week it will be the different location of the statements/performance - just to keep old performance inside this section).

All the statements/performance, excel files and leaders' threads were updated. Please read this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173403/page43 and this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174416

(note: next week it will be the different location of the statements/performance - just to keep old performance inside this section).

Position Size Tool

Hi,

I would know if anyone knows one indicator that calculates the position size with ATR, based on the percentage of my account that I'm willing to risk?

Like a dashboard or "On the chart" indicators

Thanks

Try this one.

It calculates a lot size depending on atr settings (assuming that the atr value is going to be a new order stop loss), current account equity (not balance, but equity) and % of current account equity you are willing to risk and it writes it out on screen as a kind of a comment (something like this :

atr_risk_calculator.mq4

ssf:
Hi,

I would know if anyone knows one indicator that calculates the position size with ATR, based on the percentage of my account that I'm willing to risk?

Like a dashboard or "On the chart" indicators

Thanks

mladen:
Try this one.

It calculates a lot size depending on atr settings (assuming that the atr value is going to be a new order stop loss), current account equity (not balance, but equity) and % of current account equity you are willing to risk and it writes it out on screen as a kind of a comment (something like this :

atr_risk_calculator.mq4

perfect, thanks mladen.

08th - 15th of January: some summary for this trading week

Some summary and conclusion about profitable EAs for the past week and about something interesting.

In 4 digit pips.

08th - 15th of January.

Scalp_net_v1.5 EA with timefilter made -11 pips loss but Scalp_net_v1.5 EA (without timefilter) made 21 pips profit. There are many versions of Scalp_net and all of them are non scalp and non martingale. But most stable version is 1.5, and ress risky is 1.5 with timefilter. This EA is trading EURUSD on M5 chart. For example, the version Scalp_net_v1.5 EA with timefilter made 102 pips for December 2011, 71 pips for November last year, 130 pips for October, 378 pips for September, -49 pips for August (sorry ), 69 pips for July and so on. For statements and details - go to this post.

StepMAExpert_v1.42 EA trading EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, EURJPY and GBPJPY on M30 timeframe and EA made 28 pips for EURUSD. This EA is profitable for EURUSD since August 2007. For example, this EA made 371 pips for EURUSD for November 2011, and 225 pips for October 2011, it was 268 pips for September and so on. EA is not trading often so - it may be good to calculate the profit from this EA on monthly basis (not weekly). Some other pairs are profitable too but it depends on the good/bad month (market condition). For example, same EA with tiemfilter is profitable for USDJPY for 2011 and made - 130 pips in loss in 2010. Same EA without timefilter was very profitable for EURJPY in 2010 but made some loss (-300 pips) in 2011. But for EURUSD - this EA made 1,243 pips for 2010 and 803 pips in 2011.

But as I said - it may be good to calculate the profit for this EA yearly or monthly because it is useless to calculate it weekly for this kind of EA (EA is not trading often).

Updated statement - go to this post.

Goldwarrior EA. I am trading 2 versions: GoldWarrior02b.3a EA (old versions) and GoldWarrior-3a new version (new version). Most profitable pair for all those version: EURUSD. Old version is traded on M15 and new version is using M1 tuimeframe. Old version (GoldWarrior02b.3a EA) made 50 pips for EURUSD and 150 pips for GBPUSD in this week. This old version made for EURUSD 1,020 pips in 2009; 1,050 pips in 2010 and 835 pips in 2011.

The new version (trading EURUSD on M1 timeframe) is performing very good since October last year with profit factor 2.47. This new version made 250 pips for this week, and 689 pips since October last year for EURUSD which is very good result for the EAs especially if we know that it is based on zigzag indicator trading on M1 timeframe (instead of M15 as it was required by original strategy). I traded some other pairs with this new version but those pairs were not profitable for M1 timeframe. The only profitable pair is EURUSD. of course, if we select M15 timeframe so we will have more profitable pairs (because it will be less risky in this case than M1 timeframe).

This new version is using CCI indicator from Mladen, and ZigZag_new_nen indicator from Nen (author of ZUP indicator for patterns).

Updated visual statement for old version - see this post, and for new version - this post.

RK-Firebird v3.2 ECN(5 digits). It is 3.2 version of Firebird modified to use with ECN/stp broker for 5 digit price. It is new EA we started to trade. I use M1 timeframe for EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPCHF, GBPJPY with 3,000 initial deposit size. Trading since 09th of january 2012.

It was veru good start with this EA: 168 pips EURUSD, 114 pips for GBPUSD, 7 pips for USDJPY, 203 pips USDCHF, 60 pips for GBPCHF, 108 pips GBPJPY for this week. Totally 660 pips for this week.

I just hope that this account will survive for the long time (as M1 timeframe with 3,000 initial deposit trading 6 pairs simultaniously by fixed 0.1 lot size - it is a little risky sorry).

DayTrading3 EA with timefilter made profit for this week once again: 23 pips for EURUSD, 40 pips for USDJPY and 40 pips for USDCHF. Take profit for this EA is 20 pips so if EA made 20 pips in profit for the week - it maybe 1 trade, 40 pips = 2 trades. This EA is counter trend EA (same with Firebird EA) and, as I remember - it is based on momentum indicator. But this DayTrading3 is not trading often so 20 or 40 pips for a week - it is very good for this kind of counter trend EA. Most profitable pairs for the last 2011 year are EURUSD and GBPUSD. EA made 254 pips in 2011 and 415 pips in 2010 for EURUSD (Ea is trading 1 to 5 trades in a week for pair). Updated visual statement is on this post.

Alpha EA is very advanced MTF EA with estimated risk of trading. Some people said that it is positive equity EA. There are many kinds of MTF EAs: Alpha EA, Electra EA and more. And there are many versions of them. Most stable and most profitable is Alpha9v1.21 dll version (for Alpha EA) and Electra Electra Absolute version (for Electra EA). Alpha9v1.21 dll EA is trading 18 pairs simultaniously on one account with low risk and with good profit. This EA did not open/close any trade this week.

Digital Martingale EA is performing very good. Digital Martingale EA is next version of Terminator EA after C. I. S. M.P-1. I am trading many pairs on 1 FXCM account: EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, AUDUSD, USDCAD, NZDUSD, GBPJPY, GBPCHF, CHFJPY, AUDJPY, CADJPY, EURCHF, EURGBP and EURJPY. Most of them are profitable. I think - it may be logical for now to select 1 or 2 profitable pairs with less/small drawdown and trade them on selarated account with some 1,000 initial deposit. So, it is what the idea I have with this EA. It is easy to select profitable pairs using this updated statement is on this post.

New Terminator EA (C. I. S. M.P-1 EA version) is profitable for GBPUSD, USDJPY and AUDUSD (H1 timeframe) with profit factor 1.98 since August last year. I connected this IBFX account with stats website so we can see the performance changing in real time. This EA did not close any trade for this week: just one trade is open with low drawdown. It was Blackout days and months coded for this EA. It means: EA is not trading with this blackout period. For this EA (and for all mandarine versions too) - it is from 20 of December till 10 or 15 of january every year. That is why the statement of this EA (and for some Mandarine EAs) for this week is same for the week. By the way - this non-trading period is finished now and we can expect some good profit for this EA for the next week.

More info - read this post.

Other EAs made small loss or small profit for this week (especially EAs based on breakout).

That's all news.

01nd - 08th of January: some summary for this trading week

Some summary and conclusion about profitable EAs for the past week and about something interesting.

In 4 digit pips.

01nd - 08th of January.

StepMAExpert_v1.42 EA trading few pairs on M30 timeframe - made 10 pips for EURUSD for this 01nd-08th of January week (last week - this EA made 120 pips for EURUSD). This EA is profitable for EURUSD since August 2007. For example, this EA made 371 pips for EURUSD for November 2011, and 225 pips for October 2011, it was 268 pips for September and so on. EA is not trading often so - it may be good to calculate the profit from this EA on monthly basis (not weekly). The other profitable pairs for this EA is GBPUSD (33 pips for this week) and EURJPY (-43 pips fr this week).

By the way - there are many versions of this Step EA based on Step Moving Averages indicator: there are versions for mini account, for IBFX broker, with timefilter and more. For example, this version 1.42 participated in our TSD contest with very good results, and most stable version is 1.45.

If we are talking about StepMAExpert_v1.42 EA version so this EA with tiemfilter is profitable for EURUSD too (and less risky).

Scalp_net_v1.3.2_tf EA made -46 pips loss for this week (01nd - 08th of January). Basicly all Scalp_net versions (incl Scalp_net_v1.5 EA) made some loss this week. But to say the true - those kinds of simple EAs (based on EMA crossing with MACD) are very profitable for the long term trading so I hope - it will beIt is very good results. Scalp_net_v1.3.2_tf EA is trading EURUSD on M1 chart. For visual and metatrader statements - go to this post.

Goldwarrior EA. I am trading versions: GoldWarrior02b.3a EA (old versions) and GoldWarrior-3a new version (new version). Most profitable pair for all those version: EURUSD. Old version is traded on M15 and new version is using M1 tuimeframe. The new version (trading EURUSD on M1 timeframe) is performing very good since October last year with profit factor 2.47. This new version made 27 pips for this week, and 438 pips since October last year for EURUSD which is very good result for the EAs based on zigzag and indicator.

Interestingly that this new version is using CCI indicator from Mladen, and ZigZag_new_nen indicator from Nen (author of ZUP indicator for patterns).

Updated visual statement for old version - see this post, and for new version - this post.

Mandarine EAs. There are many versions of this EA, and there are some variations of good manual trading systems based on Mandarine indicators, so, because of that - we are having separated sub-section inside elite section here - Mandarine Systems. Ome of the version, Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA with Fibo = true settings, did not trade this week. But this non martingale version is profitable for EURUSD, GBPUSD and GBPJPY (H1 timeframe). The other version, (Mandarine Martingale EA) is profitable for GBPUSD, GBPCHF, GBPJPY and USDCAD: this version made 25 pips for GBPJPY and 92 pips for GBPCHF for this week.

Updated statement for Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA with Fibo = true settings (non martingale) is on this post, for Mandarine Martingale EA with martingale feature is on this post and this post.

New Terminator EA (C. I. S. M.P-1 EA version) is profitable for GBPUSD, USDJPY and AUDUSD (H1 timeframe) with profit factor 1.98 since August last year. I connected this IBFX account with stats website so we can see the performance changing in real time. This EA did not close any trade for this week: just one trade is open with low drawdown. More info - read this post.

Digital Martingale EA is performing very good. Digital Martingale EA is next version of Terminator EA after C. I. S. M.P-1. I am trading many pairs on 1 FXCM account (EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, AUDUSD, USDCAD, NZDUSD, GBPJPY, GBPCHF, CHFJPY, AUDJPY, CADJPY, EURCHF, EURGBP and EURJPY) so it will be necessary for me to select 2 or 3 most profitable pairs with less floating drawdown and less max lot size, and trade them separatedly on different Metatraders with some reasonable sized deposit ... as 1,000 for example. It is easy to select profitable pairs using this updated statement is on this post.

NewsTrader_v5.3 EA. This EA is trading our tsd calendar automatically. This EA made 58 pips trading fundamental news for this week. By the way - moststable pair for trading news events is USDCAD, and more profitable is GBPUSD. By the way, there are many versions of NewsTrader EA too. For example, version for professional news traders is NewsTrader_v6a EA.

Updated statement is on this post.

Alpha EA is very advanced MTF EA with estimated risk of trading. Some people said that it is positive equity EA. There are many kinds of MTF EAs: Alpha EA, Electra EA and more. And there are many versions of them. Most stable and most profitable is Alpha9v1.21 dll version (for Alpha EA), Electra Electra Absolute version (for Electra EA). Alpha9v1.21 dll EA is trading 18 pairs simultaniously on one account with low risk and with good profit. This version performed good this january (as for almost any month): 122 pips for this week and 710 pips for last week. Updated statement is on this post and this post.

That's all news.

15th - 22nd of January: some summary for this trading week

In 4 digit pips.

15th - 22nd of January.

Scalp_net_v1.5 EA with timefilter and Scalp_net_v1.5 EA (without timefilter) made 1 pip in profit this week - stop loss was moved by trailing stop and trade was closed with small profit. There are many versions of Scalp_net and all of them are non scalp and non martingale. But most stable version is 1.5, and ress risky is 1.5 with timefilter. This EA is trading EURUSD on M5 chart. For statements and details - go to this post.

Scalp_net_v1.3.2_tf EA (one of the profitable version of Scalp_net family) made 217 pips in profit by 10 trades for this week (15th - 22nd of January). This version of Scalp_net EA is trading often and it may be very profitable but more risky than 1.5 version. Those kinds of simple EAs (based on EMA crossing with MACD) are very profitable for the long term trading and this version is consistently profitable since 2006 but as I said - it is much risky EA than 1.5 version so it maybe good month and bad month for trading. Scalp_net_v1.3.2_tf EA is trading EURUSD on M1 chart. For visual and metatrader statements - go to this post.

StepMAExpert_v1.42 EA trading EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, EURJPY and GBPJPY on M30 timeframe. EA made -64 pips for EURUSD and 128 pips for EURJPY. This EA is profitable for EURUSD since August 2007. For example, this EA made 371 pips for EURUSD for November 2011, and 225 pips for October 2011, it was 268 pips for September and so on. EA is not trading often so - it may be good to calculate the profit from this EA on monthly basis (not weekly). Some other pairs are profitable too but it depends on the good/bad month (market condition). For example: EA was very profitable for EURJPY in 2010 but made some loss (-300 pips) in 2011. But for EURUSD - this EA made 1,243 pips for 2010 and 803 pips in 2011.

But as I said - it may be good to calculate the profit for this EA yearly or monthly because it is useless to calculate it weekly for this kind of EA (EA is not trading often).

Goldwarrior EA. I am trading 2 versions: GoldWarrior02b.3a EA (old versions) and GoldWarrior-3a new version (new version). Most profitable pair for all those version: EURUSD. Old version is traded on M15 and new version is using M1 tuimeframe.

Old version (GoldWarrior02b.3a EA) made 300 pips for EURUSD, 150 pips for GBPUSD and 300 pips for USDCAD in this week (I am trading those 3 pairs only for this version). This old version made for EURUSD 1,020 pips in 2009; 1,050 pips in 2010 and 835 pips in 2011.

Same old version with timefilter made 150 pips for EURUSD and 150 pips for USDCAD for this week.

EA with timefilter is profitab;e for EURUSD too.

The new version (trading EURUSD on M1 timeframe) is performing very good since October last year with profit factor 2.47. This new version made 36 pips for this week for EURUSD (I am trading EURUSD only with this new version) which is very good result for the EAs especially if we know that it is based on zigzag indicator trading on M1 timeframe (instead of M15 as it was required by original strategy). I traded some other pairs with this new version but those pairs were not profitable for M1 timeframe. The only profitable pair is EURUSD. Of course, if we select M15 timeframe so we will have more profitable pairs (because it will be less risky in this case than M1 timeframe).

This new version is using CCI indicator from Mladen, and ZigZag_new_nen indicator from Nen (author of ZUP indicator for patterns).

New Terminator EA (C. I. S. M.P-1 EA version) is profitable for GBPUSD, USDJPY and AUDUSD (H1 timeframe) with profit factor 1.98 since August last year. I connected this IBFX account with stats website so we can see the performance changing in real time. This EA did not close any trade for this week: just 2 trades are opened with low drawdown. It was Blackout days and months coded for this EA. It means: EA is not trading with this blackout period. For this EA (and for all mandarine versions too) - it is from 20 of December till 10 or 15 of january every year. That is why the statement of this EA (and for some Mandarine EAs) for this week is same for previous week. By the way - this non-trading period is finished now and we can expect some good profit for this EA for the next week.

More info - read this post.

Mandarine EAs. There are many versions of this EA, and there are some variations of good manual trading systems based on Mandarine indicators, so, because of that - we are having separated sub-section inside elite section here - Mandarine Systems. One of the version, Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA with Fibo = true settings, made some loss this week. The other version, (Mandarine Martingale EA) is profitable for GBPUSD, GBPCHF, GBPJPY and USDCAD: this version made 57 pips for GBPUSD, 134 pips fpr USDCAD, -284 for GBPJPY and 230 pips for GBPCHF. pips for GBPJPY and 92 pips for GBPCHF for this week. By the way, this GBPCHF is as good for this pair on separated account. Besides, I want to say the following: if martingale EA is profitable in pips calculation for the long time so it is really very good concerning drawdown (should be small one) and so on.

Updated statement for Mandarine_Fibpivots_v1 EA with Fibo = true settings (non martingale) is on this post, for Mandarine Martingale EA with martingale feature is on this post and this post.

SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert EA (SBS EA). This EA is having very interesting and simple strategy based on breakout. There are many versions of this EA incl TPE EA - read this post. I am using H1 timeframe for 1.21 version. Few pairs were traded since May 2006 but 3 pairs only can be considered as the profitable ones: EURUSD, USDJPY and USDCHF. This version made for this week the following: 102 pips for EURUSD, -30 pips fpr USDJPY and 54 pips for USDCHF. This EA made in 2011: for EURUSD 2,158 pips in profit, and for USDCHF 454 pips in profit. By the way - this EA was profitable for EURUSD in 2010 too. I did not change any settings: I just attached this EA to the charts in 2006 and only I am doing is monitoring the trades and making the statement. By the way, I want to say that any breakout EAs (and this EA is based on breakout) is more risky to trade than any simple trend following EA. More risky but more profitable

Updated statement is on this post.

Idea development thread (public thread) is here.

RK-Firebird v3.2 ECN(5 digits). It is 3.2 version of Firebird modified to use with ECN/stp broker for 5 digit price. I use M1 timeframe for EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, GBPCHF, GBPJPY with 3,000 initial deposit size. Trading since 09th of january 2012.

This EA made for this week the following: 27 pips for GBPUSD, 9 pips for USDJPY, 22 pips for USDCHF and 18 pips for GBPJPY.

I just hope that this account will survive for the long time (as M1 timeframe with 3,000 initial deposit trading 6 pairs simultaniously by fixed 0.1 lot size - it is a little risky sorry).

Digital Martingale EA is performing very good. Digital Martingale EA is next version of Terminator EA after C. I. S. M.P-1. I am trading many pairs on 1 FXCM account: EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, AUDUSD, USDCAD, NZDUSD, GBPJPY, GBPCHF, CHFJPY, AUDJPY, CADJPY, EURCHF, EURGBP and EURJPY. Most of them are profitable. I think - it may be logical for now to select 1 or 2 profitable pairs with less/small drawdown and trade them on selarated accounts with some 1,000 or 500 initial deposit. So, it is what the idea I have with this EA. It is easy to select profitable pairs using this updated statement is on this post.

===================

- 08th - 15th of January week summary;

- 01nd - 08th of January week summary;

- 25th of December - 01nd of January week summary.

Reason: