Discussion - page 36

Well, my brain just turned to Jelly.

I'm afraid most of that is beyond me, at the moment. I've clearly got a lot to learn.

FutureMillionaire?:
I think you misunderstood me. I'm not refering to a specific EA, just the Metatrader platform itself. I'd like it to keep the trades open at the end of the day, instead of closing at 2359, then opening another. It's just confusing, when you look through the statements.

Ah, success. Fibo and Interbank have kept their positions open, whilst Alpari didn't .. on the same trade.

It seems, to do this, they charge a swap fee to keep the trade open. I understand the reason for this, but how is it that Alpari can keep re-opening trades at 2359 without making this charge? I thought maybe the spread was different, but Fibo and Alpari both have a 4 pip spread (Interbank has 3).

How does this work?

I've noticed another difference...

On the current (StepMAExpert_v1.45) trade, with a 5000 opening balance,

Fibo is showing...

Balance 5000 Equity 5034.88 Margin 193.86

Free Margin 4841.02 Margin level 2597.17%

Interbank is showing...

Balance 5000 Equity 5034.88 Margin 100.00

Free Margin 4934.88 Margin level 5034.88%

Could someone explain this to me please? And why the difference?

FutureMillionaire?:
Ah, success. Fibo and Interbank have kept their positions open, whilst Alpari didn't .. on the same trade.

It seems, to do this, they charge a swap fee to keep the trade open. I understand the reason for this, but how is it that Alpari can keep re-opening trades at 2359 without making this charge? I thought maybe the spread was different, but Fibo and Alpari both have a 4 pip spread (Interbank has 3).

How does this work?

I am not using Alpari UK.

I am using Russian Alpari because we have M1 data of Russian Alpari for the backtesting/optimizing back to 2001.

Russian Alpari and Alpari UK is very different brokes and different companies.

newdigital:
I am using Russian Alpari

Do they charge the swap fee and keep the trade open?

FutureMillionaire?:
Do they charge the swap fee and keep the trade open?

It keeps trade open.

newdigital:
It keeps trade open.

I'll bet that's the reason for all my problems then.

I think Interbank looks favourite at the moment.

newdigital:
I will post all the EAs results in one excel file with weekly pips. I understand that it will be much more easier to follow the results. I will do that: it is not difficult. Just need few hours to be not busy.

Hi, I am wondering if you already had time for this one? I searched but couldn't find such a file. In which thread do I have to look?

JosTheelen:
Hi, I am wondering if you already had time for this one? I searched but couldn't find such a file. In which thread do I have to look?

Not yet. It will be this or next week.

In files' thread.

Some members even sent the excel template for that (thanks a lot).

Reason: