munis6823:
Hi,

Thank you for your fast reply...

I've check with the time from the FXDD broker, they're at GMT +3

Which means the setting will be for FXDD is

UseHourTrade = True;

extern int FromHourTrade = 8;

extern int ToHourTrade = 17;

Hope this informations will help others.

Thank you

samahdi:
How about Interbank FX?

Hi,

As for your Interbank FX (GMT 0), your setting will be:

UseHourTrade = True;

extern int FromHourTrade = 5;

extern int ToHourTrade = 14;

Hope this information will be helpful in Elite sections

THANKS.

ONE MORE QUESTION---FROM 5 TO 14....

IS 1 A.M. TO 10 A.M. EST?

munis6823:
Hi,

As for your Interbank FX (GMT 0), your setting will be:

UseHourTrade = True;

Hope this information will be helpful in Elite sections

Hi,

I'm not so sure about the EST. All i know is, we need to change the time according to our broker data. These setting is from the original timefilter setting for these ea just that certain broker has different time setting. i just adjust the time according to the broker data.

Thank you

samahdi:
THANKS.

ONE MORE QUESTION---FROM 5 TO 14....

IS 1 A.M. TO 10 A.M. EST?

Where to stick these files?

Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to using Meta Trader and wanted to ask a simple question, which I'm sure is asked all too often and only clogs up the message board.

But here goes,

Where I am supposed to put these files that I've downloaded. I have the mq4 file and the .set file and I was wondering what folder in metatrader they have to be put into.

I am planning to forward test the Scalp_Net 1.3tf EA on a demo account with Alpari. And hopefully my results will be as succesful as the statements say on this board.

All the best for your great work, newdigital.

stevenmclachlan:
Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to using Meta Trader and wanted to ask a simple question, which I'm sure is asked all too often and only clogs up the message board.

But here goes,

Where I am supposed to put these files that I've downloaded. I have the mq4 file and the .set file and I was wondering what folder in metatrader they have to be put into.

I am planning to forward test the Scalp_Net 1.3tf EA on a demo account with Alpari. And hopefully my results will be as succesful as the statements say on this board.

All the best for your great work, newdigital.

Pre-set files (*.set) are going to presets folder (C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\experts\presets for example).

EA is going to experts folder (C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\experts for example).

Do not forget to compile EA, or to re-start MetaTrader (it is same).

Scalp_Net 1.3tf EA is risky EA and I am forward testing it since April this year:

Scalp_net_v1.3 with timefilter.

M1. EURUSD, AUDUSD, USDCHF.

EURUSD: pips this week -58; pips in total 943.

AUDUSD: pips this week 0; pips in total -487.

USDCHF: pips this week -43; pips in total 261.

It means that 943 pips is from April 2006.

Why Scalp_Net 1.3tf EA is risky? Because of the following:

1. stop loss 100 (as in any Scalp_net EAs versions).

2. EA is trading often (the same with Firebird EA).

3. It is EMA crossing kind of EA filtering by some standard indicators only.

If you do not have deposit big enough so you may use Scalp_net_v1.5 (tested since June this year):

M5. EURJPY, EURUSD.

EURJPY: pips this week 22; pips in total 417.

EURUSD: pips this week 95; pips in total 251.

This Scalp_net_v1.5 is not trading often, trading on M5 timefame and all the signals are filtered by I-XO indicator (about I-XO indicator you may read this great thread).

Few more questions

Okay, it may be risky but I will just demo test it to get a feel for what I am doing, maybe along with some other EAs.

I have a few more questions:

Is there some money management enabled in this EA, ie is it going to decide for itself what size lots to trade because I don't really want it to. If there is how do I turn it off?

I've got it loaded, what does the sad face mean in the corner of the graph?

stevenmclachlan:
Okay, it may be risky but I will just demo test it to get a feel for what I am doing, maybe along with some other EAs.

I have a few more questions:

Is there some money management enabled in this EA, ie is it going to decide for itself what size lots to trade because I don't really want it to. If there is how do I turn it off?

I've got it loaded, what does the sad face mean in the corner of the graph?

Probable you just downloaded EA only. You need the indicator also (for 1.5 version). besides you need to compile EA or to restart MetaTrader. If you are not sure about pre-set file so go to files thread (thee are all the links for all EAs and pre-sets).

I am not using version 1.5 I am using version 1.3 with time filter.

I have restarted meta trader and have the ea running only it has a sad face .

I already got the files for this version (1.3 with time filter) from the files thread.

What does the sad face mean?

Reason: