Firebird EA - page 32

sdln28:
I believe it was 3.0 - but there are so many now I don't remember

hm.. hold on! how come you changed v3.0 if theres only Firebird v0.65? it must be under 0.65 I guess...

newdigital:
I don't have this version.

May you post EA with pre-set file?

And which timeframe?

Which are the differencies between firebird v65 and firebird v63G?

I have attached.

Looks like M5, 10, 30, not sure of any other settings in the statements

pikachucom:
Thanks New!

WOW !!!!

I ran the v63G_5pip_2pipst EA on my live account, and everyone was a winner.

But what I dont like is the STOP LOSS setting of 300??

and it opened a few trades in a direction that I did not understand, but it still closed to the positive.

I also noticed that it open many trades in one PAIR, how can we limit the amount of PAIRS being open? Say to max 3 open trades per pAIR?

thanks

Yes the stop loss is scary, i think a setting of 20-30 would be good. Also, maybe it shouldn't trade until after news comes out. (see statements)

newdigital:
The full story is the following.

Many months ago some people said: "this EA is having the bug".

I replied: "no".

They said: "look at our results - this EA is having explosive trades once per 3 months. 100 orders opened just for one day! It is the bug!"

I replied: "I don't believe ..."

They said: "if you do not believe in our results so look at your own results. You have the same!".

Yes, elite members pointed me about this explosive trading sometimes (100 orders in a day). I even did not mind: I was checking the statements without any thinking sometimes.

So it is the full story. You may find the full discussion in this thread. Yes, it is the true: sometimes this EA is opening too many orders and closing the orders in profit or in losses. And we are getting 10,000 pips in profit or -10,000 pips in loss. We can not see it in backtesting.

When it will be next time? No idea.

It was yesterday for almost all the pairs.

I asked many coders and they said me that it is not a bug. They did not find any bug in this EA and they had no idea about why this EA is openning so many orders sometimes.

That is why I do not like this EA. And this is why I wanted to stop testing this Firebird. I understand this explosive trades as very negative point. I wanted to stop testing this EA but got many messages: "please do not stop". So I am testing this EA against my desire.

And i am calculating the total leaders wth and without this EA (you may see in total leaders thread).

Please, understand that this 10,000 in one day is very very bad and very very negative point for this EA and every account. Because next time it may be -10,000 pips. Can you imagine -10,000 just for few hours using 0.1 lot?

It is not attractive. It is very bad.

I don't care about this EA anymore untill some good coder will recognize about what really happened with this EA once per 3 months.

Hi. I went through old documentation about it which I found in files thread and tried understanding the logic on how it works.

Basically as I got it this script doesn't have a Bug.. it is only our settings can be wrong and market conditions... what I mean:

it says it will open number of positions while market goes against you withe every *x* pips. Till it reaches *y* stop loss. if market will keep going against you, than it will open more facing lots.. so what might happen if we will not have enough margin to cover all lots openings and all temporary facing orders... if we have just enough, than market might play a joke with firebird and if we are so unlucky! it will go opposite every time firebird will try closing looses... that is where big losses will appear.... So I guess settings + margin balance is important... let me know if I am wrong and it been changed long time ago.

Possible Solution to 10,000 pips in one day.

I have a possible solution to 10,000 pips in one day. Can someone perhap ad an option to turn off autotrading such as in HeadgeEA. After one trade is made, it automatically stops after the trade has closed and does not open a new one.

This would prevent so many trades opening in one day without you knowing. However, it would only be useful if you were able to monitor your PC whilst trading. After a trade is closed you can temporarily enable for the next trade, then switch off the option.

I'm not sure how to do this but some here can do it I'm sure.

Just a statement for this week.

Files:

hello newdigital,

you know me times please .set file and your version of Firebird send?

blitzwilli

newdigital:
Hi sa_trader,

Seems I did it: EA is not openning any new order outside timefilter time but EA will process the roders which already opened: trailing stop and so on.

I checked it by backtesting and it works. It should be tested more of course.

Will the same preset made for Firebird m30tf work for this version as well since it now can modify orders 24/5 not just during trading hours?

jarcrocker:
Will the same preset made for Firebird m30tf work for this version as well since it now can modify orders 24/5 not just during trading hours?

Yes https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page17 this version will modify the orders all the time. Try with the same pre-set. Or ask sa_trader: may be he knows the better settings for his modification because I did not test this version.

All the versions in files' thread.

Could you help me?

Maybe this sounds stupid, but I better asked then get lost.

I dont know about the function of time filter 30 or m30.

what's this for? How to use it in conjunction with firebird?

thx.

Files:
m30.zip  1 kb
Reason: