Fibonacci_Ema - page 2

anazri:
thanks ND

it seems the strategy also can be used in other smaller TF such as M15 or M30.

From what i can see it can produces more pips and minimal losses.

The rules i hv changed regard to SL:

There should be NO STOPLOSS, because the System could CLOSE trade automatically when the opposite cross occurs.

ND, you can add other paramters inside the EA (if you re developing it) such as LotSize, SL, TP, TS (optional for users to have their own presets). Like other EAs parameters.

I am trying to code something. I am not a coder so it will take a time.

Look at the image attached.

Of course all the periods of EMAs will be selectable. And this Delta (21 points) will be selectable as well.

Files:
fiboema.gif  28 kb

what is the purpose for 55

dear ND

what the purpose for 55 EMA and it's 21 points there. i dont really get what it means for. Can you explain.

Here is the fiboEMA EA first version of mine which developed by my buddy in this forum. Asking for backtest and forward test as well from all you guys.

Files:
fiboema.mq4  6 kb

anazri:
dear ND

what the purpose for 55 EMA and it's 21 points there. i dont really get what it means for. Can you explain.

Here is the fiboEMA EA first version of mine which developed by my buddy in this forum. Asking for backtest and forward test as well from all you guys.

Look in the beginning of this thread. I am trying to code exact the system I posted last year: when 8 EMA is crossing 55 EMA for buy - buy. Opposite for sell. Close if 8 EMA is crossing 21 EMA.

Why 8, 21 and 55?

because it is Fibinacci numbers.

That is why it is fibo ema (or ema fibo).

We may use 34 as well.

got it

thanks ND.. got it.

i'll be waiting to see your version of fiboEMA.

System which i described in the beginning of this thread is famous system. There was article about it. But it was developed not for MetaTrader.

If I am successful with my EA so we will have two systems and two EAs.

Better than nothing.

I added EMA channel (21 points on the both side of 55 EMA) just to have some filter.

I am testing it my in visual mode of Metatrader to be sure that everything is working well. Will post it tomorrow.

Then we may backtest yours and mine EAs (with 90%) just to find the right settings.

Files:
fiboem1.gif  39 kb

visual mode test

i will post my result based on my EA tomorrow.

we'll how and what can be improved.

as i got in mind the other site which describe about this system can say as a successfully system in trading...

i cant remember the site address.

Well. I finished coding.

It is my version attached.

I checked everything in visual mode of Metatrader during the backtesting attaching indicators and compare the trading with indicators crossing with different settings.

It works well.

Explanation of the settings:

MagicNumber = 112340;[/CODE]

It is magic number. It should be different for different pairs

(each pair should have its own magic number (anyone but not the same with others)

Lots = 0.1;[/CODE]

If we want to trade fixed lot size (always by o.1 lot or always by 1 lot size without MM) so change MaximumRisk to zero (0).

Slippage = 3;[/CODE]

Slippage.

StopLossMode = False;

StopLoss = 100;[/CODE]

if StopLossMode = False so EA will close the order on the 8 EMA/21 EMA crossing (by default setting). If StopLossMode = True so EA will close the orders according to stop loss AND 8 EMA/21 EMA crossing.

TakeProfitMode = False;

TakeProfit = 100;[/CODE]

if TakeProfitMode = False so EA will close the order on the 8 EMA/21 EMA crossing (by default setting). If TakeProfitMode = True so EA will close the orders according to take profit value AND 8 EMA/21 EMA crossing.

[CODE]TrailingStopMode = False;

TrailingStop = 30;

if TrailingStopMode = False so EA will close the order on the 8 EMA/21 EMA crossing (by default setting). If TrailingStopMode = True so EA will close the orders according to trailing stop value AND 8 EMA/21 EMA crossing.

Please note that trailing stop is working even if stop loss/take profit options are "false". It means: if TrailingStopMode = True but TakeProfitMode = False and StopLossMode = False so EA will use trailing stop even in this case.

All those functions are working separatedly from each other (TrailingStopMode, TakeProfitMode, StopLossMode).

[CODE]PARAMETERS_MM = "MONEY MANAGEMENT";

MaximumRisk =0.15;

DecreaseFactor =3;

if MaximumRisk=0 so EA will use fixed lot size (lot size will always be exact equal "Lots"). If you are using MM function so it is necessary to set MaximumRisk value according to your deposit size (for EA to start open the order in "right" lot size). Try to backtest with different MaximumRisk value just for 5 minutes and you will understand what i mean. It is MM which Igorad is using in his EAs (i just took this code from him).

[CODE]PARAMETERS_INDICATOR_ONE = "Moving Average signal";

SignalEMA_Period = 8;

Usually we ae looking for this EMA with this period for crossing with main EMA for buy or sell.

[CODE]PARAMETERS_INDICATOR_TWO = "Moving Average main";

MainEMA_Period = 55;

Delta=0;

And it is main EMA.

If Delta is above zero so it means that 8 EMA should cross (55 EMA + Delta) for buy. and 8 EMA is crossing (55 EMA minus Delta for sell). Delta is acting as a filter. I still don't not whether we need it or not. It is very easy to understand when we attach indicators to the chart:

8 EMA closed price, 55 EMA closed price and with "Levels" = Delta and minus Delta (see my image from previous posts).

[CODE]PARAMETERS_INDICATOR_THREE = "Moving Average for close";

CloseEMA_Period = 21;

It is EMA to close all the orders. When signal EMA is crossing this close EMA so the order will be closed.

If somebody finds some bug so don't ask. Just please fix it and post improved versions.

Tomorrow I will try to backtest this EA and EA by anazri.

Files:
emafibo_v1.mq4  12 kb

backtest - visual mode

this statement is based on my version. still need some improvement.

i know what is the problem.. i will post it soon and we'll see how to solve it.

Files:

Hi ND. I like the idea of the filter. Looking at a quick month's worth of visuals, it appears that if we could initiate trades once the moving averages have moved away from each other, or left the "DNA" spiraling behind there might be some pips to grab? I'm still hoping on a master EA that will tell if market is trending or trading to turn on/off our different flavored EAs.

Will do some testing on this on as i'm also intreguied by CG's XP_EAs that are similar in that they are simple MA crosses.

: ) Thom

anazri:
this statement is based on my version. still need some improvement. i know what is the problem.. i will post it soon and we'll see how to solve it.

37% of modeling quality. Not enough.

Reason: