Moving Average - page 104

jibby:
yeah, thank you for the reply but I would actually prefer alert with the indicator I uploaded.

It would mean 6 different types of alerts. Is that what you had in mind?

mladen:
It would mean 6 different types of alerts. Is that what you had in mind?

I just need two alerts ( for buy and sell) when the maperiod_1 and maperiod_2 crosses.

Thank you

jibby:
I just need two alerts ( for buy and sell) when the maperiod_1 and maperiod_2 crosses. Thank you

Hello Jibby,

Added the maperiod_1 and maperiod_2 cross alerts.

Files:

mrtools:
Hello Jibby, Added the maperiod_1 and maperiod_2 cross alerts.

Thank you>

Moving average slope oscillator (by Alexander Gettinger)

Files:
maso.mq4  4 kb

Files:

Time averaged MA (by Alexander Gettinger)

Files:

moving averages in synch

There very likely is an indicator that does this, but I'm not sure how to search for it:

a histogram at the bottom of the chart that would indicate (bar AB in attachment) when 4 different MA's (variables) are in synch:

in this case, 45 EMA above 28 EMA above 15 EMA above 5 EMA. These all have a 3 shift, but probably doesn't make any difference. Vice versa for long signal.

Thank you.

Files:

person77:
There very likely is an indicator that does this, but I'm not sure how to search for it:

a histogram at the bottom of the chart that would indicate (bar AB in attachment) when 4 different MA's (variables) are in synch:

in this case, 45 EMA above 28 EMA above 15 EMA above 5 EMA. These all have a 3 shift, but probably doesn't make any difference. Vice versa for long signal.

Thank you.

person77

I didn't find such so here is this one (not a complicated one to write actually). The logical control is ma1 > ma2 > ma3 > ma4 or ma1 < ma2 < ma3 < ma4 so simply keep the periods of those moving averages in ascending order and all will be OK

Files:
4_ma_sync.mq4  3 kb
4_mas.gif  44 kb

Fantastic – works very well mladen! Thank you so much.

A couple of requests if it wouldn’t be too much trouble:

1. While 4 MA are all in synch, price retreats and touches a designated MA

( in this case the 2nd shortest MA, the red 15 EMA ) I would like an arrow and alert produced.

I would then change to smaller 1M time frame to look for short signal there.

I insert horizontal and vertical lines so its easy to spot where to look (point A) on smaller 1 M timeframe backtesting

2. Can I ask the 4 ma synch indy to only look for two or three ma’s to be in synch in order to show the histogram bar? (please see the 1m conditions attachment for what I am trying to do here)

Reason: