Moving Average - page 67

Moving Average indicator

Does this exist? i was unable to find this tool?

I am looking for a moving average indicator so if we use 2 moving averages in an up-cross buy signal and down-cross sell signal manner. A visual tool so that when a buy signal was generated that the area between the 2 moving averages could be colored in with a specific color, and when a sell signal was generated the area between the 2 moving averages could be colored in with a different color?

The first pair of averages would be an Exponential MA of 10 (close) in Red and a Simple MA of 20 (close) in Light Blue-.

When they cross up the shading could be a medium shade of Grey and when they cross down the shading could be a medium shade of Tan.

The second pair of averages would be a Weighted MA of 89 (close) in Bright Purple and a Weighted MA of 168 close in Green with the shading being the same as the first pair above.

eganology:
Does this exist? i was unable to find this tool?

Exists, if I understoood it right

Files:

It would look like this.

Files:
scalp.gif  39 kb

Thanks

xenu:

Thank You!

xenu:
AllAverages 2.5 modified to show some statistical data - average distance of AllAveragePeriods between AllAverage line and price, maximum distance and current. It alerts when current > average or max.

It should have unique Magic number for every chart.

Possible uses? It can show strong moves, trend exhaustion, entries in counter-trend strategies.

Thanks for this nice indicator. Since this didn't do the job I wanted, I decided to alter the code in a way my objective gets done.

I renamed this indicator. It alerts a sound when market is closer than "range" variable to the moving average (which is a distance by pips from current market quote). This is good if your system is based on MA cross and you want to be alerted pip by pip when market nears the main MA on your chart and before the cross happens.

Other alerting indicators out there only pop up a message or trigger an audible alert once just when the cross has happened. If you don't hear or see that one time alert, you will miss your entry but now with this indicator I'm able to now if current market price is nearer than my predefined distance to MA or not and get ready to enter or exit a position.

The MA is set to EMA 100 and the distance to 10 pips from MA by default but you can change them anytime you want.

Cheers

Double sound alert

This one is more complete than the one before and plays different alert sounds. It alerts when price is above MA and still has distance less than the value of "range" variable and another sound if price is below MA and still within predefined range.

You can change alert sounds in indicator's config to another sound if you like.

It stops playing alerts when price exceeds the "range" value, either up or down.

For me it is very useful. I'm not a programmer but I hope it's error free and useful for everybody else.

Cheers

arezab:
This one is more complete than the one before and plays different alert sounds. Cheers

Good additions to this indicator. Thanks!

Bollinger Band Fill

xenu:

Does this exact indicator exist for bollinger bands?

Where the shade fill color activates when price crosses outside 'deviates' below/above and then shade ends, when price crosses back inside BB.

So a color fill based on deviation to find 'bubble' trades.

Thanks!

Bar Count applied to MA indicator

Hi, please can anyone help, I am trying to locate a MA indicator with SMA and EMA, but with a bar count like in MMA.mq4 indicator. idea being I can manually choose the bar count and have the MA drawn in the chart screen, for the limited bars required.

Something like AllAverages_v1-Lab_tab1.mq4 by Igorad with bar count would be perfect.

thanks in advance

Does anyone know the formula to "previous day" Moving average ?

Like this on metastock: MOV (Ref(C,-1),21,E);

Reason: