Moving Average - page 56

Just FYI: Here you can find good descriptions of many kinds of MAs.

One of the well-known so-called non lagging LWMA (or WMA with linear weights) is LSMA (or EPMA, or Linear Regression). Formula of WMA should contain negative weights for this purpose.

richest:
I am sorry, I did not have any intention to insult his intelligence. I just research on the the internet that LWMA was mostly lagging. I also have LWMA indicator and it's repainting. The reason why I asked this is because I have found a researcher who is able to make LWMA non lagging. I thought may be Igorad's version is the non lagging one since I do not understand mql language well. I hope this clarifies all.

igorad:
Just FYI: Here you can find good descriptions of many kinds of MAs. One of the well-known so-called non lagging LWMA (or WMA with linear weights) is LSMA (or EPMA, or Linear Regression). Formula of WMA should contain negative weights for this purpose.

Thanks Igorad, will do some reading now

AMA function

I am looking for a function that calculates the AMA (Adaptive Moving Average) and that i can use in my indicators.

Ideally the function should take two parameters: an array of prices and the smoothing factor: AMA(double prices, double smoothingfactor)

Does anyone know where I can find this or does anyone know how to calculate the AMA??

I moved your post to this thread as you will find many Adaptive Moving Average indicators here. Thread is big one so sorry.

Petor

fxbs:
DEMA tema cd: tema - dema; tma ds

T3MA RLH is very precise Indicator! Thank You!

Petor

TheRumpledOne:

I am NOT the ORIGINAL author and I am not claiming authorship of this indicator. All I did was modify it.I hope you find my modifications useful.

AllAverages_v2.2_TRO_MODIFIED_VERSION has price labels added which and be turned on/off via user input.

There is a user input to turn on the alert when the price crosses above or below the moving average.

I am NOT the ORIGINAL author and I am not claiming authorship of this indicator. All I did was modify it.I hope you find my modifications useful.MODIFIED SOURCE CODE ATTACHED.

This Modified-version AllAverages is beatifull! Thank You very much!

Difference between 2 moving average

Hi

I have 2 EMAs on my chart. Is there any indicator that I can used to tell me the value difference between these 2 EMAs after the close of every candle ?

Thanks

Thanks, they indicator will do

macd&rsi:
i think you want sth like this . MACD indicator in metatrader.

hey nice maybe upload your template or which moving you using

sanyax:
hey nice maybe upload your template or which moving you using

hi , not a specific template .

only two MA with exponential method and 5,21 period .

OR a MACD indicator as the below Fig.

Files:
gbp.jpg  20 kb
Reason: