Moving Average - page 12

sya:
Hi, anybody can post or direct to SMA and EMA indicator? Thank you.

Hum ... I think they are built inside Metatrader platform? Go to INSERT - INDICATOR.

Or, are you mentioning different MA?

Cheers,

SMA and EMA

wibitiens:
Hum ... I think they are built inside Metatrader platform? Go to INSERT - INDICATOR.

Or, are you mentioning different MA?

Cheers,

Thank you for your reply. In the INSERT - INDICATOR is moving average. Is it the same with SMA (Simple Moving Average) and EMA (Exp. Mov. Average). I think SMA and EMA is a two different indicator. Am i right? Please guide me. Thank you.

Helpful indicator posted and help requested

Hello friends. This is my first post although I have been digesting all I can from this great site for the past few weeks. This place is a goldmine. Thanks to all who are so generous with their knowledge.

Anyway, I am posting a nice indicator that's been around for a while (sorry but I do not know the author) that appears to offer great signals when used on M30-H4 charts. This is a MTF type indicator which uses 4 different time-frames for calculations and I have changed the defaults as follows:

TF1=1440, TF2=240, TF3=1440, TF4=240

Drop this indicator on a M30, H1 or H4 chart and simply follow the blue (long) and gold (short) indicators. I back-tested it EUR/USD to Feb 2006 and it proves to be consistent.

Now if anyone would be kind enough to explain how I would code an EA having the colored blue/gold bars signal buy/sell and the green/orange bars to close the tickets, that would be great. I have followed the standard iCustom programming syntax and it compiles just fine, but when running in Tester mode buy/sell action is all over the map.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

spudbone

P.S. I should have mentioned that I have searched a few forums and read Coder's Guru's excellent tutorials but cannot find any answers to coding Expert Advisors with multi-colored indicators.

(ZZ_MTF_XO_nested_params.mq4 is the indicator referenced above and the XO.mq4 indicator is also needed and is included.)

Files:

MA in color help needed

Attached chart below show 2 MMA chart by using MA in color indicator.1 is with thick MA and another is all thin MA line.basically i want to save my template with thin MA line style.but eventhought i changed all style to normal think line and saved it,after i reload my template,it will become thick line MA again.anybody can help me solve this problem?thanks

Files:
colorwave2.jpg  107 kb
gbpusd1m.gif  48 kb

default thickness changed to 0

Files:

Need some help please

Hi all,

I need some help, I have this MA indicator that shows me text on the chart with the type of ma and period (like the wcci), I only want to add to this indi the angle in degrees, i did looked in the wcci code but could not find it (i'm not programmer but i'm not stupid either...)

any chance to help me with this?

would be nice...

I attached the indi and pic to show what i mean

Thanks

-M-

come on guys , I tried to mass with the code again and gauss what? no success

any help will help

Just want to remind about this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173056 (as many people asking).

This is MA in histogram, i like it very much.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177769

Regards,

IIN

Reason: