CatFx50 - page 105

soundlab:
I read this post at least 2 times a day for the last 2 months, I hope Nina will take it as a compliment but we have started another thread with a developing system very similar to Nina. We could use some of the expertise on this thread. Please check out. "Marks Trendline cross" , on this site.

Hi!

At last we know him: you are the one that has made this thread gone above +98000 views.

Nina

new StepMa indicator

Hi,

Nina asked from me to help her to "tweak" this indicator.this is a result of our work.

* this is modified version of StepMa indicator with specification from Nina.

ShadowWz:
Hi,

Nina asked from me to help her to "tweak" this indicator.this is a result of our work.

* this is modified version of StepMa indicator with specification from Nina.

thank you shadowwz.i got the indicator.it seems good and makes distinguishing the signals much easier.

Help Please!

Hi guys! Can someone please explain to me how fib pivots really work? Thanks in advance!

Regards!

PS: Nina great system!!

xmas gift

I thank so much to everybody here in the forum specially to nina this is a great method, if it is possible some day to have an alert to the stepma with sound would be my xmas gift so that way i dont have to stay so many hours in the night waiting for the cross, anyway thanks again.

goldenequity:
Nina and ALL!

After following and re-reading this thread for some time I am amazed by how much input there has been to constantly analyse, test and improve something soooooooooo simple......that merely started with a bare naked 50ema....like you say!!!

Yet you constantly stay open and encourage new ideas....so here's another one!! (btw How's CatFx16 coming along?)

I would like your thoughts on this simple idea:

You said "you typically go to a 5min chart"to "fine tune" your exits manually off of supports and resistence and fibs and pivots....don't most discretionary traders do this?

To help our exits, I suggest we employ a 5min chart running in the background with the following alertset up as the assistant to our CatFx50 30min charts.

The Simple 5min alert:

Stochastic 5;3;3 5min tf

We know, the standard Slow Stochastic is plotted as two lines called %K, a fast line and %D, a slow line.

• %K line is more sensitive than %D

• %D line is a moving average of %K.

and that the 80% value is commonly used as an overbought warning signal, and the 20% is used as an oversold warning signal.

BUT......I am finding the signals become even MORE reliable if you WAIT.

Try this:(demo of course!)

on an uptrend, enter the exit (or a reversal!), when the fast, %K line, is >95% AS LONG AS the slow, % D line, is <90%. ( if %D is above 90% it indicates considerable strength mayremain in continued direction).

on a downtrend, enter the exit (or a reversal!), when the fast, %K line, is 10%...(same logic regarding remaining strength.)

OF COURSE..........EVERYONE use all other discretions/rules regarding support and resistance, daily trend, trading times, news events, candle formation etc. for exiting the trades (this use of the stochastic is meant to be HELPFUL to the "ART" of exiting NOT a mechanical answer to prayer!!:)

If this is helpful to our exits, we would simply need an alert signal for the slow stochastic indicator that is structured for the above.

It would simply trigger on the fast %K line equal to or greater than 95% and below 5% and run in the background while we moniter our 30 min charts!

If this is a bad idea then please just throw it out....and we will keep moving on polishing this "holy grail":)

Thanks Nina

i agree with nina plz attache some pics in ordrt to clarify your rules for exit so we will be able to test it too.

kamyar:
thank you shadowwz.i got the indicator.it seems good and makes distinguishing the signals much easier.

Hi!

Kamyar, that's what we wanted: to see the cross easier.

ShadowWZ did it. And I think there is another one coming made by Kalenzo.

Nina

bmac:
I thank so much to everybody here in the forum specially to nina this is a great method, if it is possible some day to have an alert to the stepma with sound would be my xmas gift so that way i dont have to stay so many hours in the night waiting for the cross, anyway thanks again.

Hi, bmac!

Bmac, what you ask for is easy to make. Someone will do it. I will add that the new one with alert should has the option to turn it off.

Nina

Reason: