Support! - page 5

convert Indicator into EA

Hi Codeguru,

I am trying to convert indicator into EA.

counted_bars = IndicatorCounted();

if(counted_bars < 0)

return(-1);

This code is in function and when I call this function from Start() of EA, getting -1 every time. Counted_bars is required in the indicator. how could I fix this problem.

Is there any info how to change indicator into EA, I was reading other EA but they mostly use builtin fuctions like MACD or EMA.

Thanks

Script MM

Hello Programmers,

I do not know if I am in the good section to ask that. But I would like to obtain the line of order which to allow to include the money Management in a ea.

By advance thank you

Hi BrunoFX

BrunoFX:
Hello Programmers,

I do not know if I am in the good section to ask that. But I would like to obtain the line of order which to allow to include the money Management in a ea.

By advance thank you

There are many ways to to include the money Management. I like to use:

lots=MathCeil(risk*AccountFreeMargin()/100000); [/CODE] to calculate the lot size.

Please note that you have to define the "risk" variable:

[CODE]extern int risk=15;

this means you are risking 15% of your free margin on the next trade. In fact it isn't exactly 15%. It could be more, because MathCeil calculates the smallest integer that is greater than or equal to the number in brackets. So, if X=2.8 , MathCeil(X) will be 3.

Be sure to check the exact variable used for the lot size. It could be "Lots", "lots", etc. You must type it accordingly (case sensitive).

I hope you understand. If you still need help, you can contact me.

Hi cucurucu,

I thank you much for this answer.

Hi Codersguru, and everybody

I came here because I heard about your lessons from another website. I've been reading the lessons for one day now. I just joined the forum today and wanted to thank you for your work...well done!

moneyline

Thanks too

Hi codersguru,

First of all, I want to thank you for the MQL4 Tutorial you came up with.. I'm currently using it to study the language. Very, very helpful!

I'm a software programmer but am mostly using Java.

Anyway, do you mind if I share the tutorial in another forum where I'm already a long-time member?

If you do mind, then I'll just point them here.

You're a great programmer, teacher and most probably a good trader too. Your passion for the field shown in your willingness to share is very much appreciated by learning traders like me.

Thanks and best regards,

East

Hi codersguru,

I'm downloading all your lessons in order to learn MQ4 (I didn't find any tutorial in the Metatrader 4 help files) but I didn't find your first lesson on the forum. I didn't find the lessons 10-2 either. Where can I get them ?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Mark53:
Hi codersguru,

I'm downloading all your lessons in order to learn MQ4 (I didn't find any tutorial in the Metatrader 4 help files) but I didn't find your first lesson on the forum. I didn't find the lessons 10-2 either. Where can I get them ?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Mark,

Thank you very much that you follow my lessons!

You can find all the lessons in:

http://www.metatrader.info/node/34

eastmaels:
Hi codersguru,

First of all, I want to thank you for the MQL4 Tutorial you came up with.. I'm currently using it to study the language. Very, very helpful!

I'm a software programmer but am mostly using Java.

Anyway, do you mind if I share the tutorial in another forum where I'm already a long-time member?

If you do mind, then I'll just point them here.

You're a great programmer, teacher and most probably a good trader too. Your passion for the field shown in your willingness to share is very much appreciated by learning traders like me.

Thanks and best regards,

East

East,

I've nothing to reply your sweet comment

I think you can share them (What do you thing admin?) But you have to keep the link to forex-tsd.com and my name !

Thanks East!

codersguru:

I think you can share them (What do you thing admin?) But you have to keep the link to forex-tsd.com and my name !

But of course! Actually, what I plan to do is just zip the whole course and make it as an attachment plus the link to the tutorials in this forum. And of course a message giving due credit to you and the forum.

But if there's any objection by the admin or any one else, I won't post it at all. And will just have to do with the link.

Regards,

East

Reason: